CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

A/N still writing on phone so extract slight typos and shit writing for now. 

"Have you tried summoning death before?" Theo asked Harry out of the blue when they were lying in bed one day. 

"No, why?" 

"I don't know just thought of it" Theo said "you could probably talk to your parents" 

Harry's eyes widened significantly "I hadn't even thought of that" he kissed Theo quickly and then dragged him out of bed. It would probably be best done outside. 

Harry grabbed a little black book from his bag on the way out. "This is the only book about death magic in existence, it's also written in deaths language, so it's not like the ship person knew and we got it for dirt cheap" Harry explained quickly at Theo's confused look. 

When they reached outside Harry opened the book and flipped through the pages quickly muttering little things to himself along the way. It was quite possibly not the best time to do this, it was one am, but Harry didn't quite care. 

He traced some runes onto the ground in a circle, the runes glowing white. Harry took Theo with him and stood in the circle. 

Harry opened his mouth and said something. Theo didn't know what seeing as Harry said it in the language of death. 

Theo and Harry were sent through several twists and turns, before landing harshly on the ground. 

"So maybe I sent us to the deaths realm instead of summoning him" Harry said to Theo quietly. 

A big cloaked figure approached holding a scythe in one hand. 

"Young master why are you and your mate in my realm" 

"My mate?" Harry asked confused 

"Yes the one you love, I suppose humans call it dating or something." Death explained

"Oh yeah ok, I don't really know we're just here. Is it possible to talk to dead people here?" 

"It is, you can wander around a bit, souls are everywhere with a body" 

Harry nodded and took Theo's hand and started searching. 

He saw a figure that looked like young Sirius with short hair. 

"That looks like Sirius, no? Harry pointed out the man.  

"It does should we ask him" 

Harry shrugged and they approached the person. 

When they neared be turned around and observed Harry very carefully. 

"A Black then?" 

"Blood adopted yes, well I suppose my great grandma was a Black" Harry said thinking a bit. 

"So you're James and Lily's son?" 

Harry nodded and asked if he knew where they were. 

"No, sorry" he said and floated away again. 

"We didn't ask who he was did we?" 

"No" Theo replied 

"Eh" Harry shrugged and pulled Theo along. "My parents have to be around here somewhere" 

Harry and Theo walked for a good while until they saw a little cottage with bright lights on the inside, around them it was deserted, completely. 

Harry and Theo shared a look, they'd walked very far now and Harry wasn't willing to walk further just now. He knew that when they'd be back in the living realm it would be nearing sunrise. 

Harry raised a hand and knocked on the door of the cottage. 

When the door creaked open a man stood there gasping. 

"Lily" he called "tell me this isn't our son and his boyfriend in the dead realm" 

Lily Potter came to the door and shock her head. "No James it is" she shoved him out of the way and opened the door fully "come in come in dears" 

Harry smiled a walked in Theo along with him. 

James Potter approached Harry and touched him tentatively expecting not to be able to. When he found that he could touch Harry he pulled him into a hug. Harry looked ready to cry, yes Sirius and Remus raised him for the most part, but there would be nothing like hugging your parents who died for you. 

"We don't have food down here so we'll have to make do with conversation" lily said sitting down on the death sofa in the death cottage. 

Dead James also sat down and so did Harry and Theo. 

"How did you two get down here then?" Lily asked kindly 

"Harry here is deaths master so he popped us down a little while ago" Theo explained seeing that Harry probably would not be able to. 

James nodded along and Lily looked interested. 

"To think my son coming to us in death" she said 

Harry chuckled a bit 

"So you don't hate me for killing several people then?" 

"Nah, besides it's not like we could tell on you if we wanted to anyways" 

Harry's lips quirked a bit and he leaned back into the sofa. 

- - - 

When it was time to go again Lily hugged Harry and James took him by the shoulders to ask if one last favor. 

"Tell Mooney and Padfoot thank you" 

"And remember that we're always one ritual away" Lily added, though it would be nice if you brought with Sirius and Remus next time. 

"Will do" Harry and Theo exited the little cottage again. 

He traced the same runes but opposite as last time and then said something in English. And then with another couple twists and turns they were back on the living realm. 

Harry and Theo hurried back to bed, properly tired now they were back to the living. The sun was just peeking out from the horizon and Harry needed sleep at this point. 

- - - 

"What did you do?" Sirius asked when he spotted Harry floating at the end of his and Remus bed. 

I visited deaths realm. And saw my parents. 

They told me to thank you for everything you and Remus have done. And to bring you two with next time. Harry stepped down from his floating position and left the room again leaving Sirius and the newly awoken Remus to register what he said. 

Harry crept back into his room and under the covers with Theo. 

Harry wrapped his arms around Theo who responded by placing his face in the book between Harry's neck and shoulder. 

Harry closed his eyes slightly in an attempt to go back to sleep. And for the first time in a long time he was able to.