Epilogue

(Note to Readers: PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PLAY THE SONG ABOVE )

Ten years have passed, but I can go on and on telling how great Jane was. I won't get tired telling her story-Of our story. Jane was my one true love. But I guess not all fairy tales have happy endings.

Dati I always blamed myself for the wrong decisions I've made...I blamed myself for letting her go. But come to think of it now, if I had not let go of her she won't find the fulfillment and happiness she had with Eric and Nadine. Sabi nga nila, love is not selfish. And I would have done the same if it means happiness for my loved ones, especially for Jane.

At tama siya, Jane has an amazingly beautiful family. Eric was a good man and the best Dad for Nadine. When Jane's Mom passed away five years after her accident, Eric took over Salazar Land Corporation. Eric and I became good friends. He asked me to manage all the ten company-owned branches of Tapsilog Haus. At ang isang branch ay ibinigay niya sa akin. Hindi na siya nagpakasal uli. Well "hindi pa," but I've got a feeling that he likes this new Marketing Manager. I think he's ready to finally go out and date again. Besides, he's still young and he deserves to be happy.

We are also quite busy lately because next month, debut na ni Nadine. Dalaga na ang baby namin! Eric did a good job raising Nadine. She turned out to be a smart, courteous and God-fearing girl. And I'm sure this is what Jane wants her to be. She has also shown great academic excellence over the past years. Consistent Valedictorian siya. Jane would've been so proud of her daughter. She has stopped asking questions about how her Mom really died. Kasi noong bata pa siya at sa tuwing itatanong niya ito, kinukwentuhan ko siya ng story about this great friend I had who lives just across my unit, sa Unit 829. And Nadine doesn't get tired listening to my stories. Until eventually, siya na ang nagkukwento sa iba about how great her Mom was.

Maayos na din kami nina Mama at ng mga kapatid ko. Siguro nga tama ang kasabihan na, "Time heals all wounds." They are still in Australia, though every other year they come and visit me here sa Pinas. The other year naman was my turn to visit them. I usually spend the Holidays there.

Ten years have passed and yes, I am still single. I have not found that "someone" for me yet. Magkakaroon pa ba? Who knows. At hindi naman talaga ako naghahanap...hindi ako nagmamadali. Kung dumating eh 'di thank you, kung hindi naman eh 'di sorry ka na lang, Marsha. True love waits sabi nga nila. Pero, there's a big "PERO"-Pero I can say that I am genuinely happy now. I see things in a different perspective. And all thanks to Jane. She made me realized na hindi man natupad lahat ng gusto mo sa buhay, there are still a lot of reasons to be thankful for. In her letter she thanked me, sabi niya I've done so many things daw for her in such a short time. Pero ang totoo nyan, si Jane ang maraming nagawa para sa akin...Siya ang maraming itinuro sa akin. She taught me how to stand up and be strong...She taught me how to live a life with a purpose...She taught me how to be free...Jane taught me how to love without any fear, questions and doubts.

I've also stopped wondering how her letter might have ended. Dati ang dami kong tanong. But I've realized that the four paragraphs in her letter were more than enough. Because Jane told and showed me what she felt; how she have loved me. I was just blinded because I was still hoping for more...na may karugtong pa. And now it just feels funny dahil ipinipilit ko na meron pa, kahit wala na pala talaga. Sometimes a story doesn't end in "THE END," because sometimes "THE END" is just the beginning.

I still miss her terribly, sino ba naman ang hindi? But the times we had, those laughters we shared and the memories I had with her, that definitely kept me strong and alive through these years. At ngayon ko lang naintidihan yung sinabi ni Jane sa letter niya na, "you can actually love a person kahit hindi mo na siya kasama o kahit hindi mo na siya nakikita." Totoo pala talaga 'yon. Because love is beyond absence; it is beyond death.

I will forever love you, Jane.

Until we meet again.

Marsha walked slowly as she approached the door, she paused and stood for a minute. Looking back, she made her last glance as she tries to memorize every detail of the room. She made a sigh and smiled, "I will always remember the Girl at 829." She continued marching towards the door. Marsha closed and locked the Unit.