1

"Good morning!" Megan sing songs as she waltz's into Elyssas room.
"Go away" Elyssa groans, pulling a pillow over her head.
"Come on. It's almost noon" Megan pulls the covers off her best friend.
"I have nothing to do today." Elyssa reasons.
"Now you do" Megan replies with a knowing tone.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Elyssa sits up.
"I scored tickets to the Rangers game tonight. Come on. Hot hockey guys. And we'll probably get to see a fight or two." Megan tries to sell the idea.
"What time?"
"The game starts at 7, so be ready by 5:30 to leave!" Megan yells, leaving her best friends room.
Elyssa gets out of bed and hops in the shower, taking her time to wake herself up. She enters the main room of the apartment she shares with her best friend.
"I'm making eggs" Megan says as Elyssa sits on the bar stool at the small island.
"Thanks" Elyssa says as Megan sets a plate in front of her. Megan smiles in return. "Hey what colors are the Rangers?"
"Uh blue and red."
After they eat, it's around 4.
"Ima start getting ready" Megan says, "we're leaving at 5:30 sharp" Elyssa salutes her as she watches Megan walk away.
Elyssa lays in her bed for a half an hour before getting up to start her makeup. She goes with a natural look, no crazy colors or anything. She curls her hair and brushes it out into loose curls. She throws on a red sweater, blue jeans and her blue high top Nike dunks.
"Lyss, let's go!" Megan yells from the living room.
"Coming" she walks out, following Megan out of the apartment complex, into her car.

At the game they find their seats and settle in.
"Wanna go get drinks?" Elyssa asks Megan over the loud music playing during warm ups. She nods her head and they stand up to exit the seats. As Elyssa stands, she notices a guy on the other team. He's super cute and she thinks she saw him looking at her.
"Did you see that guy?" Elyssa asks Megan as they walk toward the bar.
"The one on the other team who was totally staring at you? Yeah I saw him" she laughs.
"He was not staring at me" Elyssa nudges Megan playfully with a smile. She hoped she was wrong.
They returned to their seats right as the staring line ups were being called.
"Andddds number 86 for the New Jersey Devils, it's Jack Hughes!" The announcer cheers. Fans erupt as he comes onto the ice.
"Isn't that the guy that was staring at you?" Megan leans to whisper to Elyssa.
"I think so" she nods.
"Girl follow him on insta" Megan takes out her phone.
"What no way!" Elyssa, petrified by the idea of putting herself out there.
"Look at his profile" Megan hands Elyssa her phone. She looks through his posts, damn he is hot, Elyssa thinks.
"Fine. I'll follow him"
"Good."