68

The next morning Elyssa woke up to a piece of paper on jacks pillow.

'Date night. Be ready by 5'

Was written on the paper. Elyssa felt like she was in a teen romance movie. Who does that? She laughs to herself. She spends her day responding to emails and getting some work done on her laptop. Around 2 she goes to the gym, testing out the one in the building. Once she gets back, she's met by Jack.
"What's with the mysterious note?" Elyssa teases as she walks into the apartment.
"My attempt at being romantic and shit." He jokes.
"Alright. Well I'm gonna go shower and get ready." She walks past him, kissing him on her way to the bathroom.
"Hey," he stops her before she reaches the bedroom door, "come here" he requests. She walks back over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Haven't seen you all day." He kisses her lips gently. She plays with the hair at the base of his neck.
"I know. I missed you." She hums onto his lips. He pecks her lips a few more times before letting her go.
"Alright go shower. You stink" he teases, slapping her butt as she walks away. She shoots him a threatening look, making him laugh. Jack quickly texts the photographer to confirm the details before he starts to get ready. Elyssa gets out of the shower, drying her hair in the bathroom. She stays in a towel as she puts on makeup. She then goes into the closet to find an outfit.
"What's the attire?" She asks Jack who's laying on the bed.
"I mean, it's a nice restaurant" he shrugs, trying to play it cool. She rummages through her clothes, finally finding a white, above the knee length dress that she liked. She puts on black heels with it. Jack wears black dress pants and a white button up.
"You look handsome." She fixes his collar, leaning into his body.
"You look absolutely stunning." He admires her. She smiles up at him before they make their way out the door.
"So where exactly are we going?" Elyssa wonders as Jack drives with a hand on her thigh.
"You'll see" he simply says. Elyssa scoffs at his mysteriousness.
They soon arrive at a beautiful bush garden.
"Mr. Hughes" a man at the entrance greets Jack.
"Wow. Fancy" Elyssa giggles, taking Jacks hand to step out of the car. The man takes the keys and parks jacks car.
"I thought we were going to dinner?" Elyssa wonders as they navigate through the garden.
"Taking a little stroll first" Jack shrugs.
"A stroll? What are you? 60?" Elyssa jokes. They continue walking, eventually stumbling across a photographer.
"Excuse me?" He gets their attention.
"Hi" Elyssa smiles kindly.
"I'm here taking photos for an article about discovering New Jersey's hidden gems. Would you two mind being in a few?" The photographer asks.
"Sure" they both nod.
"I'm Dylan" he introduces himself. Both Jack and Elyssa tell him their names as well.
The photographer takes a few photos of them before giving them directions.
"Now can I have elyssa like walk away from the camera and Jack will be like blurred in the foreground?" Dylan directs. Elyssa nods, turning around, starting to slowly walk away from the camera. Jack takes the opportunity to kneel on one knee and pull the ring box out of his pocket.
"Alright" Dylan says, telling elyssa the shot is done. She turns around, taking a second to see Jack kneeling. She gasps out loud, her hand shakily covering her mouth. She lets tears roll down her cheeks, keeping her eyes on Jack.
"Elyssa Claire Cooper. You are so kind, caring, gentle, funny and weird. I love you more than words can express. You put a smile on my face everyday without even trying. So uh, will you marry me?" Jack expresses as a few tears roll down his face.
"Yes" she breathes. Jack pops up from the ground. Elyssa grabs his face, kissing him. He wraps his arms around her waist, easily lifting her off the ground.
"Wooooo! Let's go baby!" He cheers, spinning in a circle.
"I love you" Elyssa giggles as he returns her to her feet. Jack let's go of her waist, taking the ring out of the box.
"Here, see how this looks." He says quietly too her.
"Ah Jack that's beautiful." She gasps as he slides the ring on her ring finger.
"You like it?" He questions.
"I love it." She holds her hand out, admiring the ring. "Thank you baby." She kisses him. He scoops her up once more with a large smile, spinning again. She throws her head back, laughing.
As they walk to the restaurant, Elyssa notices it's pretty busy. She's confused at first, but then realizes it's their friends and family.
"Megs!" Elyssa cheers, hugging her best friend. Megan just beams a smile, hugging Elyssa.
"Congratulations" Megan says genuinely,  trying not to cry.
"Elyssa Claire!" She hears her mom, moving quickly to hug her.
"Hi momma" Elyssa says as a few tears escape her eyes.
"Awe honey. Im so happy for you." Lisa wipes her daughters tears.
"Can't believe anyone would want to marry you." Teddy jokes to his sister, wrapping her in a hug.
"Shut up" she scoffs, laughing.
"Ellen!" Elyssa sees her.
"I am so happy" Ellen smiles, hugging elyssa. "You are the best decision Jack has ever made." Elyssa laughs at the comment.
"Thank you for everything." She says genuinely. Jack and elyssa spend the rest of the night spending time and celebrating with their families.

(Tagged jackhughes)

(Tagged jackhughes)

elyssacooper forlifer 💍❤️

liked by meganjones, selenagomez and 3,281,309 others

jackhughes let's go baby!
meganjones making me cry ❤️❤️
^^^elyssacooper I'll always love u more
trevorzegras locked down
^^^elyssacooper zebra!
quinnhughes jacks her problem now
^^^elyssacooper am I missing something?
^^^lukehughes yes.
colecaufield congratulations!!!
alexturcotte 1 down
fan 13 yr old girlies kicking themselves rn
gigihadid so happy for you!!
^^^elyssacooper ily!!!
harrystyles huge congratulations!!
^^^elyssacooper thank you so much! let's get together next time your in NYC

1,272,829 other comments

(Tagged elyssacooper)

jackhughes mine 4ever

liked elyssacooper, lukehughes and 243,086 others

elyssacooper no other way❤️
trevorzegras runway is in for life
^^^fan the nickname 🥰
alexturcotte it's bc I said no.
colecaufield we like Elyssa better than Jack
meganjones Jack Cooper has a nice ring to it
^^^lukehughes jacks steaming out the ears rn
njdevils yay! another Hughes for the Devils
^^^fan1 Quinn crying in the club
quinnhughes let's go baby!

57,910 other comments

Thank you so much for reading and all the support. I love seeing comments and all that jazz. I am working on a sequel so stay tuned. Also I'm obsessed with Jack and Lukey together on the Devils! Much love <3

Update: sequel is out! 'I Adore Dessert'