45

"Lyss I have tickets to the devils game tonight and we're going." Megan tells her, ready for it to be a debate.
"Ok" Elyssa sighs, not fighting Megan's statement. Megan looks at her, confused.
"You're good with that? Do you remember?" She asks, hopeful.
"Not necessarily remember but life is starting to feel normal and familiar." Elyssa tells her. Megan smiles excitedly. "Come on, help me pick out what to wear." Elyssa rolls her eyes with a smile.
She ends up wearing straight cut jeans and a red sweater with red Nike high top dunks.
"There's probably gonna be a lot of people looking at you. Some might come up to us. Just give me a look or something if you're uncomfortable." Megan tells her as they both get out of the car. Elyssa nods, taking a deep breathe to prepare herself to be in public for the first time since the accident. As the girls walk into the Prudential Center, they hear lots of commotion.
"Elyssa Cooper!"
"Omg she's alive!"
"Elyssa!"
"Are you alright?"
Elyssa hears people yell as she walks in behind Megan. Lots of cameras point in their direction, Elyssa keeps her eyes down, trying to get out of the situation as soon as possible. Megan leads her to their seats, right behind the devils bench. As they sit down, Elyssa searches the ice for Jack. She looks for number 86, remembering that he told her that's his number. She sees him leaning against the glass, with his glove up by his mouth. She smiles to herself, knowing that's something he does all the time. As the game starts, the girls pay attention to the line ups being called.
"Number 86, Jack Hughes!" They hear over the loud speakers. He skates out, finding Elyssa in the crowd. He sends her a wink, like he did every game last season. A familiar blush rises to her cheeks. The game begins, Elyssa intently watches Jack. As the game goes on, she remembers all the different times she sat at the rink watching him play. She remembers how much she loves to watch him play and how much he loves it.
She watches as he gets hit. A flash in her mind goes off as she remembers the last game she went to. He got hit and his lip got busted. She remembers feeling so scared that he was hurt. Elyssa heart fills as she realizes that she's remembering.
After the game, Elyssa follows Megan to meet the guys at the locker room. Elyssa stays quiet with Megan and Megan respects it, considering it's her best friends first public outing since she almost died. The girls stand against the wall, waiting for Ty, Luke and Jack to come out.
"Good game" Megan compliments as the three walk out. Elyssa stands up straight, moving to Jack with a purpose. She swiftly takes his face in her hands, pressing a kiss to his lips. Jack instinctively moves his hands to her hips. Megan, Ty and Luke all watch with surprised expressions.
"Hi" Elyssa hums lowly after breaking the kiss, a smile forming on her lips.
"Hi" Jack breathes in disbelief. He gives her a questioning look, not understanding her actions. She gives him a nod, confirming that she remembers. He wraps his arms around her waist, lifting her feet off the ground. Her arms wrap around his neck, securely. After a minute, he puts her back down. He looks down into her eyes. She could see his eyes sparkle with joy. He sweeps her up into another kiss. He couldn't think of words to say to her. He was too happy. She looks up at him as he gently has his hands on either side of her face. She wipes a tear that falls from jacks eye. Once again, he hugs her, holding her tightly.
"I love you" he whispers into her ear.
"I love you" she whispers back.
"Alright you two, we can't just stand here the rest of the night." Luke interrupts. They let go of each other, Elyssa moving to hug Megan, Ty and Luke. Elyssa and Megan start their way down the hall, the guys behind them. Jack runs to catch up with them, slipping his hands around Elyssas waist. He lifts her up and holds her close to him. He quickly returns her to her feet, walking next to her. She intertwines her fingers with his, looking up at him with a beaming smile. The group makes their way to the guy's apartment to hangout. The entire time, Jack was touching Elyssa in some way. He always wanted to be holding her hand or cuddling her, but she didn't mind. She liked being close to him.
"Lyss you staying here?" Megan asks as she gets ready to leave.
"Yes" Jack answers from the couch, pulling Elyssa into his lap.
"Yeah I'll stay." She shrugs with a joking tone as jacks arms wrap tightly around her waist from behind. After a few minutes, megan leaves and Ty and Luke go to bed. Jack and Elyssa go to his room.
"How do you feel?" He asks her as he's getting changed.
"Good. Minor things are still blurry, but good. I'm happy." She tells him.
"I'm glad." He smiles, throwing her one of his sweatshirts to put on, "I missed you." He moves to where she sits on the bed.
"I missed you." She looks up at him as he stands next to the bed. She stands up, moving close to him. She presses her body into his, moving her hands to his sides. She feels his soft skin under her touch, remembering the warm feeling as she runs her hands up and down. She then moves her  hands, running them up his toned stomach to rest on his chest. He lifts the sweatshirt she was wearing up slightly, laying his hands on her back. He rubs up and down her skin, just wanting to touch her.
"C'mon, let's lay down" he says softly, both of them tired. They lay in bed, Jack pulling her to lay on top of him. She rests her head in his neck, leaving a few gentle kisses on his skin. He slips his hands under his sweatshirt she wore, lightly scratching her back, helping her relax. She closes her eyes, feeling Jacks hands run up and down her skin. He leans up, pressing a kiss to her forehead.
"Relax baby, go to sleep." He coos.
"Jack," she says, almost asleep. He hums in response. "Thank you." She says tiredly. His chest fills with butterflies.
"I love you." He says genuinely.
"I love you" she says so softly he can barely hear it. He continues to rub her back as she falls asleep.