66

Elyssa woke up to an empty bed. Jack had morning skate so he had to get up early. She grabbed her phone to check her notifications.

Jack🥰
Good morning ❤️ coffee in the fridge

Elyssa smiles to herself. She gets up, finding her usual ice coffee from Starbucks as the only thing in the empty refrigerator. She decides to continue unpacking. She moves to the bedroom, unpacking her clothes first. She organizes them throughout the walk in closet. She also organizes Jacks clothes and puts his shoes on display in the closet.  After about an hour, moving guys come with the couch they bought the previous day. Elyssa let's them in and allows them to set it up. They're done pretty quickly, leaving her alone in the apartment again.

Jack🥰
Just got done w practice. I got some errands to run
Lyss
No worries. I'm just getting stuff organized
Jack🥰
See you soon
Lyss liked the message

Jack pulls up to Elyssas old apartment building, unlocking the door for Megan to get in.
"Let's make this quick" Megan says as Jack drives.
"What you don't like me?" Jack jokes.
"We're in New York City. I'm a model, you're a fucking all star hockey player who's dating my best friend. TMZ would eat this shit up." Megan explains.
"Yeah you got a point." Jack gets it. The two get to the jewelry store.
"Hi. Welcome in. Is there anything in particular you are looking for today?" The lady behind the counter asks kindly.
"Engagement rings." Jack says. They follow the lady to a specific section.
"What size?" The lady looks at Megan.
"Oh, no. Not for me. My best friend. I'm just helping him pick out a ring for my best friend." She clarifies.
"Sorry" the lady says quietly.
"No you're good" Megan kind of laughs, "But like a 7." The lady pulls out a plethora of rings.
"Alright. So we're not going princess or emerald cut. She doesn't like the squared off stuff." Megan begins. Jack stares at her with a blank expression. "If you think she'll like it, just point." Megan instructs.
"Can we see that one?" Jack points through the glass. The lady takes out a round cut diamond ring with a few small diamonds placed on both sides of the main diamond, almost like leaves on a tree branch. The band was a gold that complimented the diamonds beautifully.
"Wow Jack" Megan breathes. He gently picks up the ring, examining it.
"You think she'll like it?" He asks, unsure.
"She'll absolutely love it." Megan confirms. Jack takes a picture of it to send to his family.

The Hughes'

Rowdy

EllenThat's beautiful JackHuggy 🐻You're really going through with this?Moose^^^^JimI think it's great Jack

Ellen
That's beautiful Jack
Huggy 🐻
You're really going through with this?
Moose
^^^^
Jim
I think it's great Jack. I'm sure she'll love it.
Moose
Oh she'll definitely love it
Rowdy
Just a small update. Got her best friends help
Ellen
Good decision
Rowdy
I picked it out tho
Huggy 🐻
Sure ya did
Rowdy
🖕🖕

The lady places the ring box in a bag and wraps it nicely. Megan and Jack thank her as they leave.
"Now I gotta figure out where to put this so she won't see it." Jack thinks.
"Either give it to Ty and Luke or me. Actually give it to me. They'll lose it." Megan says. Jack hands her the small velvet box to keep for a few days.
"Next week I'll take her to get our nails done. Then the next day you're taking her to the gardens to pop the question?" Megan clarifies.
"Yes" Jack nods. He drops Megan off in New York and makes his way back to Jersey.
"How was practice?" Elyssa asks once she hears the door open.
"Wow you've really gotten this place together. And it was good." He says in awe of the almost complete apartment.
"Thank you" she hums, kissing him. He pulls her close to his body, holding her tightly. She presses kisses to his lips. They were interrupted by Elyssas phone buzzing.
"No," Jack whines as she pulls away from him to open it.
"It's just Megan." She tells him.
"What does she want?" He asks, almost certain he knows the answer.
"If I want to go get my nails done with her next week." She reads.
"You should go. You haven't done like anything for yourself in a while." Jack encourages.
"Ok" Elyssa agrees.
"Do you have plans for the rest of the day?" Jack asks.
"Nope" she pops the p.
"Perfect" he hums, kissing down her neck. She lets her head fall backwards, giggling at him. He squeezes the back of her thighs. She jumps, wrapping her legs around his waist. He takes them both into their bedroom, gently laying her on the bed.
"I love you" he hovers over her.
"I love you" she smiles softly up at him. She tugs his shirt over his head, revealing his defined torso. She lightly scratches her nails over his smooth skin. He grips her waist with one hand, moving her shirt up just enough to touch her skin. Her hands move to his hair, pulling and twisting it, making him groan. He sucks behind her ear, sending shivers through her body.
"Jack" she lets out an airy plead.
"Yeah" he nods, knowing what she meant.