65

A few weeks have passed, Jack and Elyssa finalized everything with their apartment. Jack has been figuring out the details of his proposal with his friends and Megan. And the season was about to start.

"Ty can you grab that box?" Jack asks his friend. They were finally able to start moving into their new apartment and Jack wanted to get it done as soon as possible. The guys were getting all of jacks stuff packed and in the car. Across the river,  Elyssa and Megan were doing the same.
"You are not driving" Megan scoffs jokingly.
"It wasn't even my fault!" Elyssa defends, referring to the accident she was in a year ago.
"You're bad luck." Megan argues.
"Oh my god" Elyssa rolls her eyes, picking up her last box. She takes it outside to the car, returning to the less full apartment.
"Stop" Megan scolds once she sees Elyssas lip start to quiver.
"What?" Elyssa asks, acting like she's not about to cry.
"Don't cry. If you cry then I'll cry." Megan smiles, tears beginning to fall from her eyes.
"I'm not crying" Elyssa says as tears fall down her face.
"I love you" Megan says, hugging Elyssa tightly. The girls hug for a few moments, standing in the middle of Elyssas now empty bedroom.
"It's over. Everyday. They're just memories now." Elyssa cries.
"Stop" Megan cries harder.
"I don't want to leave you. You're my best friend. You made me smile through so much shit. God Megs." Elyssa trembles.
"I'm not going anywhere. And we'll do sleepovers now." Megan tries to lighten the mood. Elyssa nods. She is taken out of the moment by her phone buzzing.

Jack🥰
You guys otw?
Lyss
Yeah pretty much

"We gotta go" Elyssa holds up her phone to tell Megan that Jack was the one who texted her.
The girls arrive at the apartment, meeting Jack, Luke and Ty there. They are start to carry boxes in.
"Cooper let me get that one." Jack stops her from grabbing a big box.
"What you don't think I'm strong enough?" She teases.
"No..." he trails off.
"Shut up," she jokes, going to lift the box. "Yep, you got it." She accepts that it's too heavy. Jack nods, grabbing the box and carrying it inside. The apartment was completely empty.
Once they get all the boxes inside, they decide to go to lunch and relax for a bit.
"Shopping?" Elyssa suggests.
"You always want to go shopping." Luke teases.
"Yeah but now we actually need furniture." She reasons.
"She got ya there." Ty points out. Elyssa notices jacks tired demeanor.
"Come on, we get it all done today, then it's done. We just have to worry about unpacking and organizing." She says quietly to him, placing her hand on his knee. He looks back at her, shutting his eyes, telling her he's tired. She giggles at him. "I know baby." She coos so only he can hear, "let's get this done. Then I'll do laundry and make the bed and you can nap." She tells him. He nods, agreeing with the schedule she is suggesting.
The group spend a few hours getting the basic furniture and a new mattress.
"Do you guys need anymore help today?" Megan asks as they all stand in the foyer of the new apartment.
"Nah. We'll let you guys know if we do." Jack answers.
"I'll see you tomorrow?" Megan says to Elyssa.
"Yeah." She responds, trying not to cry. Once everyone leaves, Elyssa and Jack are left alone. Elyssa sits on the island counter, scrolling through her phone. Jack places himself between her legs, hugging her waist. She places her phone down, her hands now going to his hair.
"Tired" Jack hums into Elyssas stomach.
"Let me wash the sheets, then we can lay down." She says, getting off the counter.
"I can do it. What bag are they in?" Jack stops her. She points to the bag, Jack removing the sheets and going into the laundry room. Elyssa sits on the counter, looking around at the apartment. She can't believe that she is living with the person she loves. She never thought her life would work out this well.
"We can nap in an hour." Jack exits the laundry room. Elyssa smiles at him. "What?" He questions her smile. She hops down from the counter.
"I'm just happy." She wraps her arms around his neck.
"Me too." He smiles, leaning down to kiss her. He fights the urge to ask her to marry him right then and there.
"What?" She questions the look on his face.
"I'm just happy." He mimics her.
"Shut up" she rolls her eyes with a smile.
"I'm hungry" Jack changes the subject.
"Chipotle?" Elyssa suggests.
"Yes ma'am" he nods. They order chipotle to be delivered. While they wait, they begin to unpack boxes. They eat out on the balcony, sitting on the ground.
"What's going on up there?" Elyssa sits on the bed where Jack is, gesturing to his head.
"Nothin" he shrugs.
"What's wrongggg?" She draws out, knowing he's lying.
"Just a little stressed is all." He acts cool. Without saying anything, she gets up and goes into the bathroom. He hears the bathtub turn on. Elyssa rummages through her bathroom things, finding essential oils and epsom salt. She mixes oils and the salts into the bath for destress. After a couple minutes, Jack wanders in, wondering what she was doing.
"Cooper..." he gives her a look like 'I'm not doing that'.
"You take ice baths for recovery. This is basically the same thing. But more comfortable." She reasons.
"Fine, but if you ever tell anyone. Including Megan." He agrees. She draws an imaginary X on her chest with her finger. He gets into the bath, relaxing in the warm water.
"See? Maybe it's girly but it helps." She says. Elyssa leaves to go unpack more boxes.

"Elyssa Cooper!" Jack yells from bed.
"What" she responds from the kitchen.
"Come to bed." He requests.
"I'm being productive." She reasons.
"Elyssa Claire Cooper!" His voice more stern.
"Alright. You don't have to middle name me Jack Rowden Hughes." She walks into the bedroom.
"Hey!" He calls when she says his middle name.
"You started it." She giggles.
She climbs into bed, Jack pulling her close to his body. He runs a hand up and down her back as they lay in comfortable silence.
"You know something?" Jack breaks the silence.
"Huh?" She hums.
"We can have sex anywhere at anytime now." He smirks.
"Oh shut up." She rolls her eyes.
"On the couch..."
"You're so weird"
"In the kitchen,"
"Oh my god"
"On the balcony"
"Now that's where I draw the line." She stops him.
"Yeah that is a little too exposed." He laughs, agreeing with her.
"Go to sleep Hughesy" she rolls her eyes with a smile.