19

"Dude his birthday is the day we're leaving for Michigan. I have to get him something right?" Elyssa rants to Megan.
"If you want. I don't think he'll be upset if you don't though." Megan tells her.
"Yeah. But I feel bad if I don't" Elyssa sighs.
"Oh also we need to do something before you leave. I can't be alone all summer and not have a good bye dinner" Megan says.
"Yes. How about Sunday night? We're leaving Monday so" Elyssa suggests.
"That works. Wanna go shopping? Ya know, for Jack" Megan asks.
"Yeah. Lemme get dressed" Elyssa goes to her room to change.
The girls make their way to SoHo to look around. Elyssa is on the hunt for a gift for Jack but she has no idea what to get.
"Oooo let's stop in Cartier. I have an idea" Elyssa starts to walk into the store.
"Lyss" Megan draws out, knowing it's not the best financial decision.
"Can I see your men necklace selection please" Elyssa asks the lady behind the counter. The lady brings out a briefcase full of men's necklaces. Elyssa and Megan examine them.
"Can I see that one please?" Elyssa points to a silver, 18K gold chain. The lady carefully removes it from its spot, handing it to Elyssa. Both girls look at it in awe.
"Think he'll like it?" Elyssa looks at Megan.
"If he doesn't, I'll take it." Megan scoffs.
"I'll take it." Elyssa smiles at the lady, "can you gift wrap it please?" The women nods as she takes the chain back with her to wrap it.
"Are you sure you wanna spend this much Lyss?" Megan asks, concerned.
"Yeah. Because we live together in a small apartment, I can afford things like this. Tit for tat" Elyssa says as she begins walking to the register.
"That will be $17,823" the lady tells Elyssa. She hands the lady her card as she tries not to stop breathing. The lady hands Elyssa the nicely wrapped bag and her card back.
"Thank you" Elyssa smiles kindly as the girls leave the store.
"That's the second most expensive thing I've ever bought. The first was my car." Elyssa laughs in disbelief.
"Sometimes I forget that we just have money. Like we're pretty well off." Megan laughs as they walk along the street. The girls continue talking as they walk, looking at stores and boutiques.

"I'm going to dinner with Megs tonight. Then in the morning you guys are picking me up and we're going to JFK?" Elyssa asks Jack through the phone.
"Yep. Well probably get you around 10." He says.
"Alright." She nods, picking out an outfit for dinner.
"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow alright?" Jack says.
"Yep. And it'll be your birthday!" Elyssa sing songs. He laughs at her. They both say bye before hanging up.
"Ready?" Megan calls from the living room.
"Yep" Elyssa comes out and the two leave for dinner.

(tagged elyssacooper)

meganjones gonna be a long summer without you
liked by elyssacooper and 1,285,401 others
elyssacooper my ride or die
^^^meganjones ily ♾️
fan Elyssa won't be in nyc for summer?
fan1 two pretty best friends
tysmith you went out without me?
^^^meganjones not everything is about you
^^^elyssacooper yeah Ty 🙄
jackhughes gonna be the best summer
^^^fan2 suspicious