7

Elyssa feels the sun on her face, she rolls over but she can't fall back asleep. She opens her eyes groggily. She quickly realizes that she's not in her bed and just as quickly, she realizes she's in jacks bed. With no Jack. She reaches to the nightstand to grab her phone and she finds a note written on a piece of scrap paper.

'Cooper, you passed out last night during the movie and I didn't have the heart to wake you. Had practice early this morning. Should be back around 10. -J'

She checks the time. '9:47'. She then texts Megan.

Lyss
You left me at jacks!!
Megs
You're welcome
Lyss
Mind you, this is the 3rd time I've hung out with him. You could've been leaving me with a murderer! And now I have approximately 13 minutes to get up and look presentable before he gets back from practice
Megs
Girl that's bullshit. You always look 'presentable'
Lyss
😘🙄
Megs
Girl chill. He's totally down bad for you. Be safe 🫶🏻

Elyssa rolls her eyes at her best friends message. She crawls out of bed, going into Jacks bathroom to find anything that might help.
"Man deodorant?" She finds on the counter. "Is it weird if he comes back and I smell like him?" She asks herself. She shrugs, putting it on, figuring it's better than smelling like BO. She searches for a spare toothbrush or at least mouthwash. Which she finds under the sink. She rinses her mouth with the minty liquid and spits it out in the sink. She takes a look at herself in the mirror. "Good enough" she shrugs. She crawls back into bed, getting comfortable. She knew it was weird, but she likes that his bedding smells like him. Elyssa scrolled on her phone to pass the time. Eventually she hears the front door open. She listens, as footsteps approach the bedroom door and the door opens.
"Ah. You are awake" Jack says, surprised.
"The damn sun wouldn't let me go back to sleep" Elyssa groans.
"The sun does that sometimes" Jack crawls into the bed, joining her. She moves closer to him, cuddling into his body.
"How was practice?" She asks.
"Good. Nothing crazy" he shrugs, "i am tired though" he lays down on his back.
"You going back to sleep?" Elyssa kind of laughs.
"Join me?" He opens his arms. She accepts, laying down in his grasp. Even though she didn't feel tired, her body relaxed, falling asleep.
Elyssa woke up, finding Jack scrolling on his phone silently.
"Hi" she smiles up at him.
"Oh hey" he didn't know she was awake.
"What time is it?" She asks, reaching for her phone.
"Noon" he answers, "hungry?"
"Starving."
He sits up, Elyssa following his actions.
"Got any plans for the day?" He asks.
"As much as I would love to stay here with you, me and Megs have a plan to go out tonight." She tells him.
"Alright. I can take you home after we eat" he plans.
"Well, I don't really have to be back until like 5..." she says, wanting to spend more time with him.
"You ever been around Jersey?" He asks.
"Hell no. Manhattan or Jersey. I'm choosing Manhattan." She pretends to compare their weights in her hands.
"Oh come on, Jersey is not what people make it out to be" he defends.
"Alright prove it" she raises her eyebrows. He responds by getting out of bed and moving toward the door.
He throws her one of his sweatshirts, "It's a little cold outside." She catches it, slipping it over her head, thanking him. He grabs her hand and leads her to the street. He shows her all around the area. They stop at coffee shops, local shops and boutiques. After a few hours the couple make their way back to jack's apartment.
"I stand corrected" Elyssa says as she sits on the couch.
"Told you" Jack says, sitting next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. She leans into his body, closing her eyes. Her phone rings, interrupting the silence.
"Hello?" She answers.
"We are still going out tonight right?" Megan asks from the other line.
"Oh yeah. Shit what time is it?" Elyssa sits up frantically.
"Chill, it's only 5. I was just calling because I haven't heard from you all day" Megan says.
"Yeah. I'll be home soon" Elyssa tells her.
"Sounds good" Megan says before hanging up.
"I gotta go soon" Elyssa looks up at Jack. He looks down at her, looking from her eyes to her lips, then back to her eyes. He swiftly presses his lips to hers. She openly accepts the kiss, it being more passionate than their first.
"Sorry. I've been wanting to do that all day" he blushes.
"Don't apologize" Elyssa reassures him.
"Alright then" Jack shrugs, gently grabbing her chin between his thumb and pointer finger, pulling her into another kiss. Once they both pull away, Elyssa smiles, looking into his eyes. Jack returns a smile.
"Alright," Jack groans, "you gotta get back" he stands up, offering his hand to help Elyssa up off the couch. She takes it, moving to her feet. The car ride to Elyssa's apartment is a comfortable silence. Music played quietly in the background. Jack parks and walks her to the door.
"Have fun tonight. Call me if you need anything yeah?" He looks to see that Elyssa understands his genuine statement.
"Yeah" she nods, confirming.
"Be safe" he says, pulling her into a hug. She wraps her arms around his body, feeling his muscles on his back.
"Thank you" she says after pulling away.
"My pleasure" he dramatizes, making Elyssa giggle as she opens the door and enters the apartment.
"Heyyy" Megan greets her best friend.
"Heyyy" Elyssa copies her with a smile.
"I am so ready for a night out" Megan states.