35

elyssacooper posted a story

"Whoever made Wednesday's suck" Elyssa complains, exiting her room

"Why?" Megan asks from a bar stool.
"I have a fucking meeting all the way across the city. It's gonna take me hours to go 10 blocks" Elyssa groans.
"More time to listen to music alone though" Megan points out.
"Yeah i guess" Elyssa shrugs, "alright. I gotta go. I'll see you later." She takes her car keys and leaves the apartment.

Jack🥰
Wyd today?
Lyss
Meeting across the city 🙄
Jack🥰
That sucks. Want to do something tonight? I'm done with practice at 5.
Lyss
Yeah that sounds good.
Jack🥰
See you later. I love you
Lyss
I love you 😊

Elyssa gets in her car, turning on some music. She pulls out of the parking garage into the busy streets of New York.
After sitting in traffic for almost an hour, it finally begins to move consistently. Elyssa drives away from the heart of the city, finding fewer cars as she gets further away. She begins crossing through an intersection when a car comes flying at her from the perpendicular street. She screams as the car t bones her on the drivers side. Her body flys to the right, then jolts back to the left. Elyssas head smashes into the side wall as glass flys everywhere. Her head falls forward as she loses consciousness.
After 20 minutes, paramedics arrive. Elyssas body gets removed from her car and put onto a stretcher. She is put in the back of an ambulance.
"It's gonna be alright sweetie" the paramedic in the back with her says. "I know you probably can't hear me or understand what I'm saying but you need to fight" the lady tells Elyssas body. Soon, she arrives in the ER. Many different doctors and nurses take the stretcher and are yelling information back and forth.
"Somebody inform her family" a doctor orders. A nurse is handed Elyssas purse. She reaches for the phone, dialing for an emergency contact.
"Hello?" Megan answers her phone, skeptical of the random number calling.
"Hi. I'm with New York Presbyterian Hospital. Do you know Elyssa Cooper?" The nurse asks.
"Yeah. Why? What happened?" Megan's breathing speeds up.
"She was in an accident. She sustained head trauma. We're not sure if there are any other injuries but we suggest you come down" the nurse says kindly.
"Is she-"
"No. She's not dying" the nurse quickly tells Megan.
"I'll be right there. Thank you" Megan says before hanging up. She quickly gathers her things before getting into her car and speeding to the hospital.
"Pick up. Pick up. Pick up. Pick up" Megan holds her phone to her ear. "Come on Jack" she stresses. She tries to call him again. He doesn't answer. "Jack call me when you can" Megan leaves a voicemail. She texts him the same thing. She then calls Elyssas mom before getting to the hospital.
Once Megan parks, she sprints into the building.
"Elyssa cooper" she tells the women at the front desk.
"I'll let someone know you're here for her" the women leaves the desk and Megan.
"That's it?" Megan almost yells, watching the women walk away. She stands at the desk for a few minutes before she sits in the waiting area. The woman finally returns with a doctor. Megan stands quickly, readying herself for the worst.
"We're doing an mri right now." The doctor tells Megan. She has a confused look on her face, not knowing what that means about Elyssas condition.
"With what we know right now, she is stable. She won't need surgery and after the mri she will get a room and you will be able to see her" the doctor tells Megan.
"Thank you" Megan sighs as the doctor walks away. She sits back down. Her leg won't stop bouncing as time passes painfully slow. After an hour, Megan's phone rings.
"Jack" she sighs with relief.
"What's going on?" He asks, a little out of breath as he sits down in the locker room after practice. Megan pauses, trying to figure out how to word it.
"Elyssas in the hospital" Megan rips off the bandaid.
"What! Is she ok? What the hell happened?" Jack asks.
"Car accident. Just please get here" Megan pleads, on the verge of tears.
"Yeah. I'll be there as soon as I can" he says quickly before hanging up. Jack basically rips off his skates and padding.
"Dude what the hell?" Ty jokes about jacks tempo.
"Elyssa was in a car accident" is all Jack says.
"Dude-"
"I gotta get there" Jack almost cries. He keeps his head down, not wanting his teammates to see him vulnerable like this. He gets changed and sprints to his car. He gets to the hospital in about 30 minutes. He enters the main doors to the hospital, searching for Megan. Once he spots her, he rushes to her. Megan falls into jacks arms, sobbing.
"I don't- I-" Megan sputters.
"Here, sit down" jack helps her.
"The police said some car t boned her drivers side going like 40 miles an hour. She's in an mri and has been since I got here. But they said as far as they know she's stable and won't need surgery." Megan tells Jack everything she knows. Jack bits the inside of his cheek. He lets his head fall, tears falling out of his eyes. He cries quietly.
"I can't lose her." He whispers through his tears.
Elyssas best friend and boyfriend wait for another hour.
"We came as soon as we could. We brought some stuff too. You know, snacks, a charger, blanket" Ty says as him and Luke join Jack and Megan. Luke sets the bag down, hugging his brother tightly.
"She's gonna be alright" he comforts jack. Jack stays silent, letting his tears fall while hiding his face in Luke's shirt.
"Are you all here for Elyssa Cooper?" A doctor approaches them a few minutes later.
"Yes" Jack answers quickly.
"You can see her now" the doctor says. The group follows him to Elyssas room. "I must tell you, her face is a little beat up. If you don't do well with gore, you might not like it" the doctor warns as he opens the door for them to go in.
"Oh" jack let's out, seeing Elyssa body lay there.