58

"My boyfriend and his friends are all hanging out downstairs. I just saw on tiktok, a girl test her boyfriend with the no makeup makeup thing. Ima do it with them." Elyssa says quietly to her phone. She sets it up, recording herself doing light makeup. "I don't wear like heavy makeup often because I don't really know how to do it" she laughs. "Anyway, I'm just doing a little concealer under my eyes and a tinted moisturizer. A little bit of mascara and chapstick. That's it" she says as she does the makeup. She makes her way downstairs, everyone continues what their doing, not paying attention to her. She sets her phone up against a glass, hitting record.
"Guys come here" she calls them all over. They all squeeze into frame, Jack hanging on Elyssas shoulders. "Ok. I want you guys to tell me if I'm wearing makeup or not" she looks at them. They all stare at her intently.
"There's no way" Trevor says first.
"Nah she is" Cole nods.
"No dude, look she doesn't have any pink stuff" Alex points out.
"I don't think she is" Luke adds.
"She's not man, I'm telling ya" Trevor declares.
"Be fucking serious" Jack looks at her. She furrows her eyebrows at him.
"Guys she's wearing makeup" Jack tells his friends.
"What makes you so sure?" Trevor almost argues.
"Because I know her without makeup, I've seen it more times than not." Jack explains, not giving into it.
"What do I have on?" Elyssa challenges him.
"Oh come on. I don't know what it's call" Jack laughs.
"You're so sure" Elyssa teases.
"You got uh, skin stuff. Because you don't have any color under your eyes." He reasons.
"That's true" she shrugs.
"You think I wouldn't notice?" Jack laughs.
"Worth a shot" Elyssa shrugs, stopping the video.

The group once again, spends the day on the boat. They spend time in the sun, swim and surf.

"Whatcha doing" Elyssa asks as she walks out of Jacks bathroom later that day, using a towel to dry her hair. He sat on the bed in basketball shorts, scrolling on his laptop.
"Looking at apartments" he tells her as she makes herself comfortable next to him.
"In jersey?" She looks at the screen. He nods. "Oh that one looks cute" she points. He clicks on it, opening pictures of the apartment.
"2 bed, 2 bath" he reads the description. He then starts going through the photos.
"Baby we have to tour this one" she says in awe. "There's a balcony!" She notices. Jack clicks on 'schedule a tour'.
"What day works for you? We're going back august 20. I start training September 5 again so," he tells her.
"Before you start would work." She tells him. He puts in august 30.
"Sounds good." Elyssa makes an event in her calendar. "When we get back I have a bunch of meetings with Gucci about this project and I'm gonna do some media stuff" she tells him.
"Ugh I don't know how you do that shit" Jack sighs.
"Interviews?" She asks.
"Yes" he clarifies.
"Because when I answer, every other word isn't, uh" she teases him.
"Hey! Im there to play hockey" he defends as she giggles.
"Fair enough" she pokes his side.
"Watch it Cooper" he threats jokingly. She continues poking him. He abruptly moves his laptop onto the side table, making Elyssa jump out of bed and toward the door. He chases her out the door. She laughs as she runs down the hall and to the steps. She makes her way downstairs, seeing jacks friends hanging out. She goes around the kitchen island, ultimately hiding behind Trevor.
"Hey yo what is happening?" Trevor says, stuck between Elyssa and Jack.
"She's a little instigator that's what happening" Jack huffs.
"Runway?" Trevor asks her for her side of the story.
"I plead the 5th" she giggles, peaking from behind Trevor at her boyfriend. Cole gives Trevor a look, a second later Trevor moves out of the way, allowing Jack to grab Elyssa.
"Zebra you're so dead!" She squeals as Jack picks her up over his shoulder. Trevor and the rest of the guys laugh as they follow Jack outside.
"Jack put me down!" She squirms.
"I will. Just a second" he smirks knowingly. He stops at the edge of the yard where it meets the lake water. "Where's your phone?" He asks.
"Upstairs why-" she gets cut off by Jack throwing her into the water. Jack, his brothers and friends laugh hysterically at her. She decides to mess with them, not saying a word when she resurfaces and gets out of the water. As she walks back to the house, she holds her back, pretending to be in pain. The guys make wide eyes, knowing it's not a joke anymore.
"Lyss!" Jack calls, running to catch up with her. "Baby are you okay?" He whispers, gently placing a hand on the small of her back.
"I'm fine" she says with a harsh tone. Elyssa goes upstairs alone to clean up and put on dry clothes.
"Dude why aren't you following her? She's pissed" Alex asks Jack as he stays in the living room.
"Exactly. She wants to be alone" Jack sighs, knowing it'll be worse if he tries to talk to her. Elyssa takes a shower, trying to think of what to do next. She turns the water as hot as she can bare, letting it run over her lower back so the skin turns red. She gets dressed and goes downstairs to join the guys.
"Look at my fucking back" is the first thing she says once she gets to them. She turns her back to Jack, letting him lift her shirt to reveal the red skin.
"Shit. Was that from earlier?" Jack winces, feeling bad. Elyssa doesn't say anything, letting the rest of them look at her back. They all wince and make small comments about it.
"No you idiots. That's from a hot shower. But I did get you for a second" she laughs, turning to face them.
"So you're not mad?" Jack asks.
"Not really. But I got y'all" she laughs more.
"What the fuck!" Trevor sighs, annoyed he got fooled. Elyssa laughs at them, happy she convinced them she was genuinely upset.
"Maybe I should start acting" she giggles.
"Definitely not" Luke jokes.
"Oh fuck you" Elyssa flips him off.