21

elyssacooper posted a story

"I'm driving" Jack calls as he grabs the car keys and runs outside, trying to beat Luke and Quinn

"I'm driving" Jack calls as he grabs the car keys and runs outside, trying to beat Luke and Quinn. The group was taking two separate cars. One with jacks parents and one with the kids. Quinn and Luke look at each other and roll their eyes as Elyssa follows them all outside. Jack opens the passenger door for her, closing it once she's seated. Jack drives to the restaurant with one hand on Elyssas thigh the entire time. The group makes small talk during the ride. When they get there, Ellen and Jim are already at a table.
"So Elyssa, where are you from?" Ellen asks.
"Pittsburg" she answers.
"Nice. Did you like it?" Jim asks.
"Yeah. It's a cool city. A little difficult to navigate during the winter. Steep hills, lots of snow. Not really the easiest to get around." She says light heartedly. She feels jacks hand on her thigh innocently.
"What about your family?" Jim asks.
"Quit grilling her" Jack steps in.
"It's ok" Elyssa laughs softly, resting her hand on top of jacks, letting him know it really is fine. "Um my parents are divorced. I lived with my mom and little brother. Dads out of the picture" she states. The group continues talking throughout the dinner. Elyssa tells them about her career and how she got started. His parents and brothers tell stories about Jack even though his face grows red. Once they get back to the house, Ellen has a cake for Jack and everyone gives him presents.
"Here ya go" Elyssa smiles, handing Jack the Cartier bag. He notices the bag and gives her a serious look. Ellen watches, intrigued.
He opens the present, "holy shit Cooper." He pulls out the chain necklace.
"Wow" ellen gasps under her breath.
"Thank you" he says genuinely, pulling her into a hug.
"You're welcome" she smiles.
Later that night Jack and Elyssa are getting ready to go to sleep in jacks room.
"Lyss this is too expensive" he brings up.
"Jack it's fine." She tries to brush it off.
"No it's not. What was it like 20K?" He asks.
"No. And it's a gift Jack. I saw it, thought of you. Bought it. No big deal" she defends herself.
"This is the cost of a used car" his voice grows annoyed.
"Jack why do you think I live in a small apartment with a roommate? Because it's cheaper. I can afford a penthouse on the upper east side but I don't waste my money. I have the means. I never do anything extravagant. And when I want to, I can" she explains.
"But I don't want you spending all this money on me" he softens his voice.
"But I don't think about money. Trust me, it barely made a dent" she tries to tell him, "I know what I'm doing Jack. I'm ok."
"Alright" he settles. The couple get into bed.
"Hey, my buddies will be here tomorrow." He tells her as he turns out the light.
"Ok" she says hesitantly.
"They're cool" he comforts her worries.