17

"Hey," Jack breaks the silence in the car. There's only two weeks left in the season and he wants Elyssa to come home with him for the summer, but he's not sure how to ask.
"Mhm?" She hums in response, reaching to turn down the music.
"So the season almost over. And uh I- I'm going back to Michigan for the summer" he says. She bits the inside of her cheek, nervous for what he's about to say next. "I was wondering if you maybe wanted to come with me?" He asks hesitantly. She doesn't say anything. "You don't have to. It's dumb. We've only been dating for 4 months.I don't know why I even asked." He shakes his head, trying to brush off what he asked.
"Jack I want to" she stops his thoughts, "But the only person I've met from your family is Quinn. It just makes me nervous is all" she clarifies.
"You want to go?" He questions.
"Yes Jack. Id love to" she smiles, putting her hand on his thigh as he drives.
"Perfect" he quickly takes his eyes off the road to smile at her.

The Hughes'
Rowdy
You know how I told you guys about my girl friend?
Huggy🐻
Nope.
Moose
You have a gf?
Ellen
Jack, you mention her every chance you get.
Jim
How could we forget?
Rowdy
Ok. I get it. Anyway, I was wondering if she could join us this summer? Please 🙏
Ellen
Jack we would love to meet her
Moose
Quinn already has 🙄
Rowdy
Lukey don't be pressed
Jim
Of course. But you two have to stay in separate rooms.
Rowdy
Dad for real?
Jim
joke. it was a joke
Moose
Not a very good one
Huggy 🐻
Might wanna go back to the drawing board
Rowdy
Alright. I gotta go. See you guys in a few weeks

Elyssa and Megan walk out of their apartment building, on the way to the gym. A random man is standing against the building. He watches Elyssa and Megan walk away. Elyssa turns her head, watching the man as they pass him.
"Did you see that guy staring at us?" Elyssa sounds concerned.
"Yeah. Men are creeps" Megan brushes it off.
"Yeah" Elyssa agrees, trying to forget about the entire encounter.
As they walk back to their building, Elyssa spots the same man across the street, watching them. She shakes it off, just planing to be more cautious in her life.
That night, Elyssa and Megan walk through the front doors of the Prudential Center. Elyssa sees the man again in the ticket line. Her breath starts to quicken as she realizes something. The girls find their seats and Elyssa tries to expel the man from her mind. She focuses on Jack and watching him play.
"Hey I'm gonna go grab a drink, want anything?" Elyssa asks Megan.
"I'm good thanks" Megan declines. Elyssa squeezes past the people trying to watch the game as she makes her way to the concession area.
"Hi, one fountain drink please" she orders. Elyssa turns to go to the drink machine to find the man standing there. She takes a deep breath and decides to face him.
"What do you want?" She asks coldly.
"What no hello?" He asks.
"You've been following me around all day. Why are you here?" She keeps her voice stern.
"What I can't just stop by and say hi?" He asks light heartedly.
"Leave me alone dad" she turns to leave. He grabs her wrist, stopping her. "Don't fucking touch me" she yanks her wrist away from him. "You think you have the right to march back into my life after everything you've done to me? To mom and Teddy? You are horribly mistaken" she almost spits in his face.
"Just hear me out, please?" He practically begs. She continues looking at him, silently telling him to go on. "I've thought about everything and I realize I'm wrong. And I'm sorry" he says.
"That's it? You abuse me. You offer me up to your slimy friends to touch and all you have to say is sorry?" Elyssa practically yells.
"Elyssa I-" he begins.
"No. Don't talk to me. Don't come near me. Leave me alone. Leave mom and Teddy alone. Leave my friends alone. Leave my boyfriend and his family alone. Get out of my life and do not even think about coming back" she orders.
"You have a boyfriend?" He smiles, trying to change the subject. She laughs in disbelief.
"I will take legal action. That's not a threat, that's a promise." She says strongly before walking away.
"Hey what took you so long?" Megan asks as Elyssa sits back down. Elyssa sets her drink down, releasing a breath she didn't realize she was holding. Her hands shake as she rubs her eyes. "Woah Lyss you good?" Megan notices her state.
"No yeah. I uh, my dad. My dad was the man this morning. He followed me here. Probably to get money or something. I told him off. Told him I'd take legal action." Elyssa tells her.
"Woah" Megan breathes, shocked at the situation. "Are you ok? Did anything happen?"
"I'm ok. Only words." Elyssa reassured her best friend, "Just need to relax for a second." The next thing the two girls know it, the period buzzer goes off, signaling the end of the third period and the game.
As they walk back to the locker room, Elyssa tells Megan about her encounter with her dad. They talk about the situation while they wait for Jack and Ty.
"Hey" Jack cheers with a smile, walking out of the locker room.
"Hey! Good job. Congratulations on the win." Elyssa hugs him.
"Thank you" he kisses her head.
"I played too" Ty says from behind Jack.
"Good job Ty" Megan and Elyssa both say.
"Thank you" he huffs, satisfied. The group begins to walk out of the building, talking about where to go to eat.
"Hey, where'd you go at the end of the third period?" Jack and Elyssa fall behind Ty and Megan.
"Um, I went to get a drink and ran into my dad. Details later?" She tells him.
"Yeah" he accepts, walking faster to catch up with their friends.