11

Elyssa paces through the living room, mentally preparing for her meeting. Her and her manager, Lauren, are meeting with Gucci to negotiate details for her to sign a contract with them.
"Lyss please stop. You're gonna make the people downstairs crazy" Megan says from the couch.
"Sorry" she says, sitting on a stool at the small kitchen island. Her knee immediately begins to bounce.
"Go in with confidence. It's everything. No one wants a model who's not confident. That's 98% of the job. You got it" Megan gets up to give Elyssa some encouragement.
"Yeah. Yeah your right. Confidence is the job." Elyssa says, lifting her chin and shoulders.

Jack🥰
Good luck today! You're going to kill it!

Elyssa smiles down at the sweet message.
"What? Your boyfriend text you?" Megan sing songs.
"For your information, yes he did" Elyssa huffs. Both girls laugh as Elyssas alarm goes off, telling her it's time to leave.
"Hey, for real, you've got it. Just relax and know your worth." Megan says as Elyssa is walking out the door.
"Thank you!" She calls. Elyssa makes her way to the business district of New York City. She meets her manager there before they both go into the meeting.
"Elyssa Cooper" she introduces herself to everyone there. She sits down, paying attention as the meeting goes on.
"Megs I got it!" She yells through the phone.
"Yay! I knew you would" Megan cheers on the other line, "come home so we can celebrate."
"Ok. See you soon" Elyssa hangs up.
She enters the apartment to find balloons and Megan and Jack.
"Congratulations" they both cheer at the same time.
"Awe you guys are so cute" elyssa covers her mouth in surprise. She moves to wrap Jack in a hug. He lifts her off the ground slightly. Once she returns to her feet she moves to hug Megan.
"I don't know how to feel that there are only two people at this surprise" elyssa laughs.
"It's kinda hard to get people to come to a congratulations not so party in the middle of the day on a Tuesday." Megan states.
"You're just lucky neither of us have a 9 to 5" Jack jokes.
"Well thank you both" Elyssa smiles. Jack presses a quick peck on her lips before he checks the time.
"Hey uh, Cooper... can I talk to you?" He stutters.
"Oh no" she worry's as she follows him into her bedroom.
"Nah it's nothing bad just uh, rushed." He tells her.
"Ok?" She questions.
"Um tonight we play my brother, Quinn's team. And uh he wants to meet you" Jack says with hesitation.
"Jack we like just became official like yesterday" she laughs uncomfortably.
"I know. And I won't be able to see him for another few months. Not until summer. I know it's quick but it's convenient. He's in Jersey and I want to hangout with him and I'd love for you two to meet. Don't think that your meeting my brother. Act like you're meeting one of my buddies" he rambles.
"Jack. I'll go." She takes his hand in hers.
"Yeah?" He smiles.
"Yeah" she confirms. He responds with his lips on hers.
"Ok. Um I gotta get to the rink soon so I need to get going. But I'll see you tonight?" The two exit her room.
"Yes" she nods. He begins walking toward the door before he abruptly stops and runs back to Elyssa. He kisses her again, "ok. Now I'm going" he says, exiting the apartment as Elyssa was left laughing.