59

"Morning" Elyssa comes downstairs and plops on the couch. The guys are getting ready for their morning skate/workout. She receives a few murmured responses as she lays on her stomach on the couch. There was a week of summer left and Elyssa was sad but excited to get back. She couldn't wait to see Megan and to find an apartment with Jack. Jack moves to the couch, laying on his stomach on top of Elyssa. She huffs as his weight is placed on her body. He presses soft kisses behind her ear.
"Don't leave. Let's go back to bed" she complains quietly to him.
"I wish I could baby" he continues kissing her. "Hey, why don't you come to the rink with us" Jack suggests. Elyssa tries to sit up, Jack noticing and lifting himself to sit next to her.
"What would I even do?" She asks.
"Hangout. Maybe I can teach you a thing or two" he shrugs. "Hey, dad?" Jack gets Jim's attention as he's walking by.
"What's up?"
"Would it be cool if Elyssa came to the rink?" He asks.
"Sure" Jim shrugs.
"Sick!" Jack smiles.
"We can do a little four on three" Cole suggests.
"Yes!" Jack says, excited.
"I haven't even decided on going yet" Elyssa stops their excitement. They all look at her, waiting for a decision. "Fine I'll go" she rolls her eyes with a smile. She gets changed into thick leggings, an athletic crop top and a sweatshirt on top. The group gets to the rink, the guys going to get their gear on. Elyssa finds a seat in the bleachers to watch them practice. Once they are done, Elyssa makes her way down to them.
"Sit down" Jack gently tells her, holding skates. She does, sticking her foot out for him to put it on. He ignores the teasing as he laces up her skates for her. Jack holds her hands to help her balance as she stands up. She steps onto the ice, more confident then the first time she was on the ice with Jack.
"Damn runway you should be drafted" Trevor whistles as Elyssa skates.
"Olympic figure skater" Alex jokes.
"No autographs today guy I'm sorry" she joins in.
"Awe man, please?" Cole pretends to be upset.
"Sorry buddy" she jokingly apologizes.
"Buddy!" Quinn exclaims, laughing at Elyssas word choice.
"Shut up" Cole snaps at Quinn.
"Alright here" Jack hands Elyssa a stick.
"Wait here. Take one of mine. It'll be a better length" Cole stops Jack, handing Elyssa his spare stick.
"See cole, being short comes in handy sometimes" Luke teases him. Cole shoves Luke lightly.
"Thanks cole" Elyssa takes the stick.
"Alright try to like juggle the puck" Jack says as he does it himself. Elyssa tries to copy him, fumbling the puck around. Jack grabs her hands, positioning them to grip the stick better. She keeps going, getting better with more reps.
"Now shoot it!" Alex encourages her.
"Wait let me be goal!" Trevor sits in the goal.
"Oh god, what if hit him in the face?" Elyssa worries.
"It's fine. He doesn't need it" Quinn responds casually.
"Hey! This is the money maker!" Trevor defends himself, making the group laugh. Elyssa focuses, dragging the stick across the ice to hit the puck into the goal.
"Ayeee!" The group cheers for her.
"Bust out a celly!" Jack cheers. Elyssa skates around the wall, moving down to one knee like she's seen Jack do. The guys clap and cheer, encouraging her.
"Nice!" Cole laughs.
The group messes around on the ice a while longer, the guys trying to teach Elyssa skills. They all return to the house, going to the kitchen.
"How was the rink Elyssa?" Ellen asks, sitting on a stool.
"You will not catch me doing that again" Elyssa huffs, sitting on the stool next to Ellen.
"Tired?" Jack asks, standing behind her and rubbing her shoulders. She leans back into his body.
"Mhm" she nods, closing her eyes. After they eat, everyone goes their separate ways to get cleaned up. Elyssa lays face down in the bed, her head in a pillow. Jack laughs at her as he exits the bathroom with a towel around his hips. He smacks her butt on his way to put clothes on.
"Can we nap?" She pleads, watching him put basketball shorts on.
"Not so easy huh?" He refers to hockey.
"I never said it was. I've been misquoted" she says in a matter of fact tone. He rolls his eyes with a smirk, climbing into bed with her.
"C'mere" he opens his arms for her to cuddle into. She lays on his chest, breathing in his scent. He plays with her hair with one hand, the other rubs up and down her back.
"Im gonna fall asleep" she hums.
"Go to sleep baby" he kisses her head. She lets her eyes close, her heart feeling full.
After a few hours, the group decides to hangout in the backyard. The guys are throwing around a football as Elyssa lays on a blanket. She's just soaking up the sun, watching her friends mess around. That night, they all eat dinner outside with Ellen and Jim. They spend the night by a bonfire, talking and having fun. Elyssa was genuinely happy and she knew it.

elyssacooper @rarebeauty 🤍

liked by meganjones, selenagomez and 1,729,513 others

selenagomez I love you!!
^^^elyssacooper ily more!
jackhughes breath taking
meganjones missing my gorgeous best friend rn
^^^elyssacooper so excited to see you!
trevorzegras fun fact: she almost got hit with a football
^^^lukehughes shoulda hit her
^^^alexturcotte careful, you might feel the wrath of Jack
^^^colecaufield this is entertaining
quinnhughes psa: Jack has screen shotted this picture
^^^jackhughes 🖕🖕
fan team Selena!!!!
fan1 this is the definition of perfect
^^^jackhughes I couldn't agree more.
^^^nhlfan woah he knows how to reply