30

"What is with mom inviting Elyssas people here bro?" Luke asks the group as they sit and eat breakfast. It's the weekend of the Fourth of July and Ellen asked Elyssa if she wanted to invite Megan to join. Apparently the guys family's come and spend the fourth here so she didn't want Elyssa to feel left out.
"What you jealous little Luke?" Elyssa teases him.
"I happen to like Teddy more than you" Luke says, trying to rub it in her face.
"Good" she shrugs. Luke rolls his eyes.
"Megan's super cool. You guys will like her" Jack says, breaking up elyssa and Luke's snarky jokes.

Megs
Bro you're right. This house is huge

"Ah! She's here!" Elyssa squeals, reading the text Megan sent her. She pops up from her chair, sprinting to the door.
"Megs!" She cheers.
"Lyss!" The girls hug each other tightly.
"Jack" megan smiles once she sees him.
"Hey megan" he smiles, giving her a quick hug.
"And who are these guys?" Megan asks, nudging elyssa.
"Quinn and Luke Hughes" Elyssa points to each guy she's talking about, "Alex Turcotte, Cole Caufield, and Trevor Zegras. And you know Teddy." They all wave to her.
"Ok um, lotta names." Megan sighs.
"I have so much to tell you" Elyssa says as she leads Megan to a guest room.
"Dude she's hot" Trevor says as soon as the girls go upstairs.
"Smoking" Alex says.
"Please don't say that again" Trevor looks at him in disgust.
"Just sayin" Alex shrugs.
"Be respectful" Cole shames the two.
"Oh come on Cole. You're telling us that you wouldn't make a move right now if you could?"Trevor reasons.
"Whatever man" Cole scoffs, going out to the back patio.
"You didn't disagree" Alex points out, following him.
Jack makes his way upstairs, finding Elyssa and Megan in a bedroom talking.
"What's up tiger" Megan jokes as she notices him enter the room.
"Dude?" he sighs.
"At least I knew better than to call you that in front of all the drooling hockey baboons." She jokes.
"Thank you" he says genuinely.
"No problem." She smiles.
"Alright, ready to go downstairs?" Elyssa sighs, standing up from the bed.
"Yep. I'm just gonna put on a bikini to match the vibe and then I'll be down" Megan says, gesturing at Elyssas outfit of a bikini top with jean shorts. Jack and Elyssa go outside to find everyone else. In the time they were upstairs, Trevor, Cole and Alex's family's arrived together. There was music playing outside and people were drinking and catching up. Jack took Elyssa around and introduced her to his friends family's. Eventually the couple sat down and joined a conversation. Elyssa was asked about what she does for work and other generic questions. She noticed teddy and Ava, Trevor's little sister, talking. She nudges Jack, titling her head for Jack to look at them.
"Alright, go teddy" he says lowly, only for Elyssa to hear. The couple make their way to the friend group.
"Z, you notice your sister?" Jack gestures his head to where the younger kids were standing. Trevor sees his sister talking to Elyssas brother and he keeps and eye on them.
"Relax Trevor, teddy wouldn't hurt a fly if it bit him in the forehead." Elyssa tells him, "trust me, he's respectful, and innocent" she adds.
"Yeah alright" Trevor relaxes.
"What's up?" Megan finally comes outside.
"We're just talking about teddy and Trevor's little sister Ava." Elyssa informs her. After a while of standing and talking the group grows bored.
"You guys wanna hit the lake?" Luke asks. He receives different forms of yes. They all start walking out toward the dock.
"Hey where you guys going?" Jim almost yells.
"Boat" Luke answers.
"Nah, c'mon. Hangout with us" Jim says.
"We can be fun" Ellen adds.
"Alright. How so?" Luke challenges.
"Mini sticks?" Jack suggests excitedly.
"No we're not doing hockey anything." Ellen stands up, setting her drink down. "Corn hole to start off" she tells them. They get out two sets of corn hole boards.
"Let's go." Jim says to Jack and Elyssa.
"Alright" Elyssa laughs, accepting the competition. She stands next to Ellen, with Jim and Jack at the other end. Elyssa takes her turn first, sinking all three bags into the hole.
"Yes Cooper!" Jack cheers. Ellen gets one in and two on. The game is close the entire duration.
"Let's go Jack. All you" Elyssa encourages him. It's almost the end of the game. Score is 20-20, whoever gets to 21 first wins. Jack puts one bag in the hole, the next pushing one of his dads off the board. The last one going in the hole as well.
"27-26" Jim sighs in defeat.
"Let's go baby!" Jack cheers. He lifts his hands up above his head.
"Undefeated!" Elyssa high fives him, before moving in to hug him. He wraps his arms around her, quickly tapping her butt, hoping no one would notice. After corn hole, everyone participates in a few drinking games. The parents vs the kids. By midnight the parents had made their way inside and the group of young adults were still hanging out in the backyard. They all sat around a fire. Elyssa sat in Jacks lap, his arms loosely draped around her waist.
"Megan truth or dare" Trevor asks out of the blue.
"Dare" she leans forward in her chair.
"I dare you to jump into the lake topless." Megan leans back into her chair, thinking about it.
"Only if lyss does it with me" she says.
"Ok" Elyssa shrugs, snapping out her drunk stare as she gets off jacks lap. He keeps a hold of her hand, not letting her go.
"You sure you want to?" He asks her in a serious tone.
"Have a towel ready for me when I get out" she leans down, kissing his lips. Both girls walk to the end of the dock. Everyone follows them. They stand a few feet away from Megan and Elyssa, watching their every move. Jack has two towels in hand, one for each girl.
"Ready?" Megan looks at her best friend.
"Why not?" Elyssa shrugs. They both reach to their backs, untying their tops, dropping them on the ground beside them.
"3...2...1!" Both girls count down before jumping into the water. They both resurface, laughing.
"Holy shit that's cold" Elyssa laughs. Megan just laughs, almost uncontrollably. They stay in the water for a minute or so.
"Ok I'm done" Elyssa shivers. Jack walks to the edge of the dock, helping her get out of the water. He wraps a towel around her once she's out.
"Thank you bub" she gives him a drunk smile.
"Of course" he says softly.
"Megs come on, get out" Elyssa says once she realizes that her best friend is still in the water.
"Fine" she groans, climbing out of the water. Jacks eyes shoot to the sky, trying to avoid Megan's chest. He holds out a towel for her. She takes it, wrapping it around her body, trying to warm up.
"Alright, inside." Jack leads them toward the house.
"What? I wanna keep playing truth or dare" Megan complains.
"We can play tomorrow" Trevor tells her, helping Jack get the drunk girls inside. Cole grabs their tops they left on the dock.
"Dude they're not poisonous" Alex jokes when he sees how Cole is pinching them.
"Yeah but this is jacks girlfriends bikini top" Cole says like it's obvious.
"Fair point" Alex shrugs.
Jack helps Megan into her room. She lays on the bed and passes out, hopefully for the night.
"Jack I wanna shower" Elyssa tells him as they enter his room.
"In the morning" he tells her.
"I can't go to sleep with nasty lake water on me" she whines.
"Baby please let's just go to sleep" he tries to get her into bed.
"Can I at least rinse off?" She leans on him.
"You can't even stand up right now" he makes a joke. She stares at him blankly.
"Fine. I'll help you shower" he caves. They make their way to the bathroom. Elyssa shucks her bottoms, stepping into the shower. Jack turns it on for her. She leans against the wall, closing her eyes.
"Hey Cooper don't be sleeping in the shower" he taps her face. She hums, not wanting to be awake. He sighs, stepping into the shower with his swim trunks on. He maneuvers her around to wash her hair and body as she stands there.
"Alright come on." He says, helping her out of the shower and into her pajamas. He helps her climb into bed before he gets changed himself. He then gets into bed, Elyssa immediately moving into his side.
"I love you" she hums before falling asleep completely. He smiles, pressing a kiss to her head before closing his eyes.