31

"Boat day!" Luke cheers as he walks downstairs. The rest of the group was hanging out in the kitchen.
"Shhh. It's too early" Elyssa rubs her eyes.
"It's 9 am" Luke reasons.
"Exactly" Megan groans.
"You kids will be back by fireworks right? We're gonna go downtown to watch them" Ellen says, entering the kitchen.
"Got it" Quinn nods.
"Be safe" she says before leaving them again.
"Alright. Meet you guys outside in 30 minutes?" Quinn suggests. Everyone agrees, heading to their rooms to change. Elyssa pulls out a light pink bikini and lays it on the bed. She puts on the bikini and goes to the bathroom to do light makeup.
"We're going on the lake" Jack tells her when he walks into the bathroom, seeing her putting on mascara.
"I'm literally just doing sunscreen and waterproof mascara" she giggles at him. He stands behind her, resting his chin on her shoulder. He watches her apply the mascara through the mirror.
"Want some?" She giggles, holding wand toward his face.
"No thank youuu" he takes his chin off her shoulder.
"Hey! Come back" she laughs as she puts her makeup bag away. She follows Jack into his bedroom. She leaps onto his back, he catches her, holding her legs.
"What's up?" He hums as she lays her head on his shoulder blade.
"Nothing" she shrugs, "just wanna be by you." He drops her legs, making her stand up. He turns around to face her and picks her back up. She wraps her legs around his torso as her hands move around his neck.
"That's better" she smiles, looking at him. He presses a kiss to her lips. Elyssa could feel the smile on his lips as he kissed her. He continues to peck her lips, not getting enough.
"One more" he says before pressing a final kiss to her lips. She laughs at him.
"I love you" she stares at his features.
"I love you" he smiles, kissing her once more.
"Let's go!" They hear Trevor yell up.
"Ugh" Jack rolls his eyes. Reluctantly he puts Elyssa down. He pulls a T-shirt over his head and she puts on shorts.
"God you two take forever" Megan draws out dramatically.
"Shut up" Elyssa responds. The group make their way to the boat. They head out onto the lake, deciding to anchor for a while.
"Teddy, you and your mom are going home tomorrow?" Quinn asks.
"Yep" Teddy nods.
"Awe that makes me sad" Elyssa frowns.
"Come on, you're telling me that you haven't gotten tired of me during the past two weeks?" Teddy raises his eyebrows.
"True" she shrugs, "I am going to miss Megan though."
"Girl as much as I love this stuff, I need to get back to the city" Megan reasons, making Elyssa giggle lightly.
After a while, a few guys get into the water.
"Come on runway!" Trevor yells from the water.
"It's cold" she complains.
"Just get in!" Cole adds.
"Jump! Jump! Jump!" Alex chants. She stands at the edge of the boat. The three guys watch behind her as Luke pretends to push her in silently. Jack shakes his head, telling them to watch what he's about to do. He backs up before sprinting toward Elyssa and pulling her in with him. She screams as she flys off the boat.
"Jack Rowden Hughes!" She yells, splashing him with water. He smiles as his friends laugh. Luke stands at the edge, laughing at Elyssa. Megan gets up and quickly shoves Luke's back, pushing him into the water. Everyone laughs harder as Luke's head pops out of the water.
"What the hell?" He exclaims. Teddy and Ava get up, each doing a cannon ball into the water. The only people left on the boat are Quinn and Megan. They both stand, facing each other. They are trying to avoid being pushed in while trying to push the other in. The group in the water cheer, encourage both of them. Quinn pushes her arm that she had held out in front of her. She begins to lose her balance but grabs Quinn's arm as she falls backwards into the water, pulling him with her. Everyone laughs as they both end up in the water. They swim around for a while before getting out. They check the time, deciding it's time to head in.
"Good. I was just about to call you guys to start coming back" Ellen looks up as she, Lisa and the other guys moms work on preparing snacks.
"Get cleaned up so we can head downtown for fireworks." Julie, Trevor's mom, tells them. They all go their separate ways. Elyssa showers and then lays in bed on her phone while Jack showers.
"Oooo!" She whistles as he walks out of the bathroom with a towel around his hips. He does a spin, jokingly shaking his hips.
"Shakira Shakira!" Elyssa laughs at his actions. He laughs as he goes into his drawer, picking out clothes. She gets out of bed, picking out a yellow crop top and jeans. They both get dressed before heading downstairs.
"Ready to go?" Jim asks once everyone is downstairs. He receives nods and different forms of yes. The group heads out the door, beginning the walk downtown. Elyssa and Jack walk hand in hand in the group. Trevor runs up behind Jack, jumping on his back.
"Dude" Jack groans.
"How come Elyssa can do it but I can't?" Trevor asks in a hurt tone.
"Because she's not 200 pounds" Jack jokes as Trevor gets off his back. Trevor lets out a gasp, pretending to be offended. The friends continue to joke around as they approach the town. Ellen leads them to a clear space next to the water.
"Why is she so committed to watching the fireworks here?" Megan asks as they sit in a group, with the parents a few feet away.
"We've been doing it since we moved here." Quinn tells her.
"I think it helps her remember that no matter where we all are, she'll always have us three. Means a lot to her" Jack explains.
"It helps me remember that no matter how big of stars they become, they'll always be my boys" Ellen comes behind Luke, resting her hands on his shoulders.
"That's sweet" Elyssa smiles. They all turn their attention toward the water as they heard loud booms. The group watches the fireworks, admiring them. After a couple hours, the group starts their walk back in the dark.

(Tagged elyssacooper)

meganjones on the 4th, we wear pink
liked by elyssacooper and 1,629,707 others
elyssacooper love youuuu
jackhughes pic creds?
fan in love with their friendship
alexturcotte pic creds?
quinnhughes pic creds?
colecaufield pic creds?
trevorzegras pic creds?
lukehughes pic creds?
^^^meganjones for the love of god get out of my comment section

meganjones on the 4th, we wear pink liked by elyssacooper and 1,629,707 otherselyssacooper love youuuujackhughes pic creds? fan in love with their friendshipalexturcotte pic creds?quinnhughes pic creds?colecaufield pic creds?trevorzegras pic creds...

(Tagged meganjones and avazegras)

elyssacooper firework by Katy Perry
liked by jackhughes and 1,938,281 others
lukehughes I feel like a plastic bag all the time
^^^meganjones drifting through the wind?
jackhughes blown away
trevorzegras we still know who the elite zegras is though
^^^elyssacooper yeah it's griffin.
^^^griffzegras I wasn't even there and she likes me better
^^^elyssacooper nah it's just bc I've never met you
colecaufield pic creds?
alexturcotte pic creds?
^^^elyssacooper don't start that shit
fan I want her life