27

"Jack we gotta leave soon" Elyssa tells him. He walks out of his bathroom in just shorts and looks at elyssa sitting on the bed.
"I need to get dressed then we can leave" he tells her. She nods in approval. "Why you so nervous?" Jack asks as he rummages through his shirts, deciding which one to put on.
"I don't know" Elyssa laughs.
"C'mon, what is it" Jack asks again as he pulls a T-shirt over his head. "Is it me?"
"No. Just... my moms never met anyone I've ever dated. I'm just not sure what she's gonna do or say. Sometimes she can be a bit of a loose cannon." Elyssa admits.
"That's alright. You clearly haven't spent enough time with Luke or Trevor." Jack laughs.
"Fair" Elyssa chuckles, knowing Jack is right. The couple make their way to the car and start the drive to the airport.

"Lyss!" A teenage boy runs to her.
"What's up Teddy!" Elyssa hugs him tightly. He now towers over her, being at least a few inches taller than the last time she has seen him.
"Honey" her mom coos as she opens her arms for a hug. Elyssa wraps her arms tightly around her mom.
"Guys, this is Jack" Elyssa steps back, gesturing toward him.
"Nice to meet you" he reaches his hand out.
"Lisa" Elyssas mom tells him as she shakes his hand.
"So your Jack Hughes huh?" Teddy questions. Elyssa is quick to hit his arm.
"That's me" Jack smiles. The group gets into the car. They talk and catch up a bit during the ride back to the house.
"Oh Lisa it's so nice to meet you." Ellen greets them at the door with a wide smile.
"Boys get up here!" Jim calls the guys from the basement. A stampede of footsteps are heard from the stairs as the group of guys show up.
"Thank you so much for inviting us" Lisa thanks Ellen and Jim.
"Let me introduce my boys" Ellen says as she waves Quinn and Luke over to her. "You already met Jack. But this is Quinn and Luke" each of them saying hi as they are introduced.
"These are our friends" Jack gestures toward the three other guys. "This is Alex Turcotte, Cole Caufield and Trevor Zegras." Jack introduces them.
"If you follow me, I can show you to your rooms" Ellen says, leading them up the stairs. After a few hours, everyone is sitting outside, talking and hanging out. Elyssa is showing Jack and Cole how to play volleyball. Quinn, Luke, Trevor and Alex are talking to Teddy, trying to get to know him.
"So how old are you?" Luke asks.
"I'm almost 17" Teddy states.
"Nice. You like hockey?" Trevor asks.
"Uh yeah. I'm not like crazy into it but if it's on I'll watch it. Don't you all play?" Teddy asks. The guys nod.
"Does anyone want to play spikeball?" Elyssa enters the group of guys talking.
"Yeah. Wanna be my partner Teddy?" Luke looks at him.
"Yeah sure" Teddy gets up, following Luke, Jack and Elyssa to the grass. They begin to play, Jack and Elyssa dominating the game.
"Yes Cooper!" Jack cheers as they high five after getting the point.
"Good up" she compliments Jack.
"Alright, game point" Luke says before serving the ball onto the net. Jack and Elyssa end up getting to point.
"Let's go baby!" Jack cheers as he picks up Elyssa.
Lisa smiles to herself, watching Jack be just as competitive as she knows Elyssa is.
"They're good together" Ellen notices Lisa's smile.
"Yeah. I'm happy she has someone like this. She deserves to be happy with no strings attached." Lisa says genuinely to Ellen.
"He really does love her. He's a good kid" Ellen tells Lisa.
"He seems like it" Lisa smiles. "It's nice to see her have fun competing."
"Oh Jack is competitive alright" Ellen chuckles.
"Elyssa is too" Lisa laughs.

elyssacooper posted a story