62

Elyssa leaves her room, ready for her doctors appointment. Jack has practice so Megan is taking her.
"I really need to get a new car" Elyssa jokes as she and Megan leave the apartment. Megan chuckles, agreeing. The trip was uneventful, the girls arriving at the hospital.
"Lyss, me and Jack just care" Megan says quietly as the girls wait.
"I know... I just, what if something is wrong? What if they find like a brain tumor or something? Then what?" Elyssa worries, her knee bouncing.
"They won't. You need to calm down. This is just precautionary." Megan clams her down, "let's focus on right now." She changes her focus.
"Yeah." Elyssa huffs, looking around the room, "look at the lady at the desk" she laughs. Megan looks to where her best friend was pointing. She sees the receptionist at the front desk falling asleep. Megan laughs, happy that Elyssa is trying not to worry.
Eventually, a doctor comes out to get them. They follow the doctor to a basic room. Elyssa gets her blood drawn and other vitals taken.
"We're going to do an MRI just to be sure there's nothing abnormal going on in your brain, then we'll be done. Everything is normal and there's nothing to worry about." The doctor tells Elyssa. She changes into a gown given to her before following the doctor to the machine.
"So everything looks good. Nothing is going on so you're good to go." The doctor tells Elyssa once the MRI is over. The girls thank him, leaving the hospital.
"Told you it'd be fine" Megan says as she drives.
"Yeah yeah" Elyssa laughs.
"Alright. Now let's talk your birthday." Megan changes the topic, "the big 23." Elyssa laughs.
"Let's go out" Elyssa decides.
"Yeah?" Megan asks, surprised.
"Who else can we invite?" Elyssa thinks.
"We're each others only friends" Megan laughs.
"I mean we're friends with like famous people. But none of them are in New York and I'm not trying to deal with the public" Elyssa points out.
"Just us?" Megan suggests.
"Just us." Elyssa confirms. She looks down at her phone ringing.
"Hello" she answers.
"How was the doctor?" She hears Jack ask.
"Hi to you too" she jokes.
"Hi" he says quickly.
"It was good. Everything is normal and I'm good to go" she tells him. She hears him let out a breath.
"Good. What are you doing tomorrow?" He changes the subject, satisfied with her health.
"Me and Megs are gonna go out" she tells him.
"Parents are coming for lukeys 21st so we're doing a family dinner. I want to take you for breakfast though. How's 10 work?" He tells her.
"Sounds good." She smiles to herself.
"Perfect. I'll pick you up then." He decides.
"Alright" she giggles at his determination.
"I love you. Have a good day" he says.
"Hey wait!" She stops him from hanging up.
"What?" He sounds confused.
"How was practice?" She asks.
"Oh, it was good. Getting back into things, ya know" he sighs, tired.
"Go take a nap" she laughs at his tone.
"No can do. I got shit to do" he states making Elyssa giggle.
"Alright. Now you can go. I love you" she says before hanging up.
"I forgot Luke's turning 21" Elyssa sighs to Megan.
"Oh my gosh. We need to have them over so he can legally drink with us" Megan squeals.
"Do you have anything else to do today?" Elyssa asks. Megan shakes her head no. "Shopping?"
"What kind of question is that? Yes, let's go shopping." Megan chuckles.