54

"God this is a long 3 minutes" jacks knee bounces as he sits on the bed next to Elyssa. They both get startled by the alarm going off.
"That's it" Elyssa and Jack both stand up, going into the bathroom. They both just stand there, not doing anything. The small stick determining how their future will be; affecting the rest of their lives.
"I can't look" Elyssa cringes. Jack slowly picks up the stick. Elyssa turns around, not being able to take the news.
"Negative" he reads. She lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She turns back around, grabbing the stick from Jack. She reads it herself, seeing 'negative' on the small screen.
"Oh my god" she breaths. She grabs jacks face, pulling it down to kiss him. He kisses her back, excitedly.
"I'm shaking" she holds out her hand to show him. Jack remains quiet. "What? Baby it's negative. I'm not pregnant!" She reminds him.
"Yeah" he says quietly, his excitement wearing off.
"What? What's wrong?" She gently grabs his chin, tilting it to look down at her.
"No, nothing. Just uh, that was just crazy." He tells her.
"I gotta tell Megan. I'm so relieved" she grabs her phone.
"Would it really have been a bad thing?" He asks out of the blue.
"What?" She looks at him, confused.
"I feel like having a baby wouldn't have been such a bad thing." He admits.
"Jack we don't even live together. We've never even talked about our future. I don't know what you want" she starts to grow annoyed.
"I'm sorry lyss. But if you couldn't tell, I love you. More than anything in this world. And surprisingly, I didn't hate the idea of having a baby with you. Yeah, it's not ideal timing, but still." He tells her, eyes on the floor.
"You want to have kids with me?" She softens her voice.
"I want to do everything with you" he chuckles, looking at her.
"Awe baby" she kisses him.
"I want to live the rest of my life with you. I want you at all of my games. Celebrate wins with you and be upset over loses with you. I want to wake up next to you every morning, come home to you every night. I want to have little baby's with you and have them running around, causing a ruckus. I want to be old and wrinkly with you. And admire you every day. And I want to laugh and cry together. And go through all the ups and downs that life has to offer. I'm all in." He opens up.
"Jack," she smiles, a few tears threatening to fall out of her eyes.
"Don't cry" he coos, cupping her face and wiping a tear away with his thumbs.
"You're so perfect" she giggles.
"When I say I love you, that's what I mean. All that stuff, I want to love you forever" he tells her.
"Shut up" she smiles, kissing him.
"So is the feeling mutual or..." he jokes.
"Yes bub, I want a life with you." She giggles, brushing his hair out of his face.
"Just checking" he laughs.
"Oh! I gotta tell megan" Elyssa remembers.

Lyss
...
Megs
Girl! Wtf does that mean. Am I gonna be an aunt?
Lyss
Nope
Megs
🤑🤑
Lyss
Girl-
Megs
That's cash money of you
Lyss
😂💀

The couple makes their way back downstairs, finding everyone hanging out in the backyard.
"Dude the fuck was that?" Trevor asks Jack quietly.
"Tell ya later" Jack says simply.
"Trouble in paradise?" Trevor pushes.
"No. I'll tell you later" Jack restates.
"Lyss you wanna play?" Cole asks, standing in front of a spikeball net.
"Sure" she goes over to Cole, Alex and Luke. After the first game, Jack and Trevor are interested in playing as well, Quinn deciding to just watch. Everyone rotates playing for a while. Soon, it gets dark. Jim and Ellen go inside, leaving the group of young adults alone outside.
"Bro that is not how you make a fire at all" Cole corrects Trevor as he piles wood.
"Then you fucking do it" Trevor drops a log, going to sit down. Cole gets up, rearranging the wood to be a little teepee. He lights a match underneath it, allowing the wood to burn.
"Ok so maybe you do know how to make a fire" Trevor admits with a sarcastic tone, making his friends laugh. Elyssa lets out a heavy sigh. She sits sideways on the wooden bench, her legs resting on jacks lap. She was exhausted from the overwhelming day. She rested her head against the back of the bench, closing her eyes.
"Hey runway, you better not fall asleep" Trevor notices her.
"Yeah. No one's gonna carry you up to bed" Alex adds, laughing
"Nah, jacks so whipped he'd do it in a heartbeat" Quinn makes fun of his little brother.
"He kisses the ground she walks on" Trevor adds to the joke.
"Alright" Jack stops them, a little embarrassed.
"Z when was the last time you had a girlfriend?" Elyssa asks him.
"Ooooo" Cole laughs, knowing the answer.
"Alright" Trevor chuckles, accepting the insult. Elyssa ends up staying awake, joking around and making fun of her boyfriend's friends. She feels a sense of relief, finally knowing where her and Jack stand. She focuses on him, watching his cheeks rise, making his eyes slightly smaller when he smiles. She looks at how his eyes sparkle in the light of the fire.
"Quit staring" he whispers to her. She sticks her tongue out, blowing it at him like a kid. He grabs her cheeks, squeezing them.
"Hey!" She furrows her eyebrows.
"Hey" he mocks her, pulling her face into a kiss. The group stays up late, talking about anything and everything.