8

Elyssa sings along to the music that's blasting through the apartment. Her and Megan are both getting ready to go out. Elyssa does her hair in loose curls and puts on a white iridescent dress with an open back. The girls meet in the living room, looking in the full body mirror.
"Damn. We're hot as hell" Megan states. Elyssa laughs at the comment.
"Alright let's go" Elyssa starts to leave.
"Ah!" Megan let's out, stopping Elyssa, "we can't leave here sober. A shot first" Megan pours 2 shots. They take them in unison.
"Now we can go" Megan opens the door for Elyssa. They walk about 2 blocks to a club, entering with no problem. They immediately move to the bar, getting drinks, before going to the dance floor. Elyssa was on cloud 9. She was happy with whatever she had going on with Jack and now she's out dancing and having fun with her best friend.
After an hour and too many drinks, the girls decide to sit down for a bit.
"Damn it's hot" Elyssa sighs, fanning herself with her hand.
"We're hot" Megan responded. Elyssa laughed at the bland comment. She abruptly stopped laughing when she felt someone sit too close next to her.
"Hi ladies" the man said. Elyssa and Megan stay silent, giving each other uncomfortable looks.
"Not interested" Elyssa flat out told him.
"Come on! I'll buy you drinks" he tries to persuade them.
"You can leave now" Elyssa says bluntly. Megan laughs at her best friends lack of filter. Silently, the man gets up and leaves the table. Both girls roll their eyes. Megan gets up to get another round. Elyssa is left alone. She thinks of Jack.
She stares at her phone as it rings. Her face lights up as Jack answers the facetime.
"Ah hi" she gasps with a smile.
"You alright?" He asks, concerned.
"I miss you" she says, infatuated. He laughs.
"How you doing?" He asks a little more light hearted than the first question.
"Good. Megs is getting more drinks"
"Oh god that's the last thing you need right now"
"I do not agree Jack Hughes" he laughs at her using his full name.
"Alright" he smiles. He sees her look away from her phone. Her face changes, visibly uncomfortable.
"Leave me alone. I already rejected you once" Elyssa spits at the man from before.
"Cooper? What's going on?" Jack starts to worry.
"What you don't want free drinks?" The man scoots closer to her.
"No" she almost yells. Jack starts to panic. Elyssa had put her phone down so all Jack could see was the ceiling.
"Hey. Elyssa what's happening?" His voice laced with worry. The man leaves as Megan approaches the table. Elyssa picks her phone back up. She rolls her eyes at the man.
"Cooper. What the fuck was that?" Jack freaks.
"Some guy who can't take no" she says.
"I think it's time for you two to go home" Jack tells her.
"No way. I'm having so much fun" she pouts.
"Ah! Jack! You should totally pull up. We're at the club on 7th" Megan pops her head into frame with a large smile.
"Just stay there" Jack tells them, hanging up and grabbing his coat.
The two girls get back out onto the dance floor, jumping around to the music. But they both feel eyes watching them. They try to ignore it and just have fun. Soon enough, Jack stands at the entrance to the club, scanning for Elyssa and Megan. He moves to a wall, trying to stay out of the way while looking for them. He spots a man staring at them. Jack quickly makes his way to the girls in the middle of the dance floor. He grabs elyssas hand.
"Jack!" She cheers, hugging him.
"Is that the guy from before?" He leans down, whispering in elyssas ear. His voice was just a little raspy and she shivered as chills ran down her spine. All she does is nod in response to jacks question. He looks up, seeing the man watching him interact with Elyssa.
"Come on" he grabs Megan's wrist, leading the two out of the crowded club. Jack turns around, hoping the man doesn't follow them. He doesn't which Jack is thankful for because he did not want to get into a fight. Megan begins walking back to their apartment without any words. Elyssa and Jack walking behind her. Elyssa clutching jacks hand in her own, occasionally leaning her body on him.
"Jacky" Elyssa whines.
"Mhm?" He hums in response. He doesn't know how he feels about the nickname. He knows if any of his friends were to hear, they'd never let him live it down, but it brought flutters to his stomach and a smile to his face so he didn't care.
"I'm tired" she says slowly.
"We're almost there. Then you can lay down" he reassures her. He pulls her into his side, his arm around her shoulders, he kisses the top of her head. After a long 20 minute drunk walk, the three are back to the apartment. Elyssa is quick to go to her bedroom and lay down.
"Cooper, don't you need to take off your makeup?" Jack stands next to her bed. She groans in response. He goes into her bathroom, wetting a wash cloth with warm water. He uses that to wipe her face gently, figuring it's better than nothing. He helps her into bed and starts to leave.
"Jacky" Elyssa gets his attention.
"Yeah?" He turns around.
"Stay with me?" She requests. He obliges, taking off his shoes and sweatshirt. He crawls into her bed and cuddles next to her. She makes herself comfortable in his side, resting her head on his bare chest. She quickly drifts to sleep. He softly leans his chin down to press a kiss to her hair before he falls asleep.