56

The group of friends were in town going to lunch and walking around the cute area. They stopped to get something to eat. They ended up and a small local restaurant/bar. It was pretty crowded considering it was a Sunday afternoon. They sat at a large table, elyssa between Jack and Trevor.
"I'll be back. Bathroom" Jack tells the table as he gets up. The waitress comes with everyone's drinks.
"This isn't what I wanted" Luke huffs.
"Here, what did you want?" Elyssa holds her hand open for Luke to give her the glass. She gets up and takes the drink to the bar, waiting patiently for someone to be available.
"I'll be with you in just a minute" a worker behind the bar tells Elyssa.
"You're good. No worries" Elyssa tells him. She stands alone for a minute or two, before she feels someone behind her.
"What's a big time model like you doing in a small town in Michigan?" A guy, in his 20s, says to her.
"Hi" she says to him plainly.
"So what do you say we get outa here?" He tries to flirt, making Elyssa laugh at him.
"Excuse me?" She is taken back.
"I don't mean to be so forward. It's just, you're my hall pass." He tells her.
"Your what?" She furrows her eyebrows.
"You know, the famous person you can sleep with and it not be cheating. My girlfriend even okayed it" he states like it's obvious.
"Your girlfriend?" Elyssa raises her eyebrows, pretending to be interested.
"Yeah, but to be honest with you, she'd be so down for some company" he insinuates.
"Look dude. I appreciate that you're a fan, but please back off" Elyssa shuts him down, returning to the table with Luke's drink. The guy follows her to the table.
"Oh but you'll slum it with these guys?" The guy scoffs.
"Who are you?" Trevor asks in a rude tone. Alex, Cole, Quinn and Luke looking this guy up and down.
"Who are you?" The guy basically spits back in his face. Trevor begins to stand up, ready to start shit, but he feels coles hand in his chest, stopping him from approaching the guy.
"Look man, we don't want to start shit. It just doesn't seem like she wants you around" Cole gestures to Elyssa who is now sitting down, completely uninterested.
"Well does she want any of you around?" The guy points around the table. Alex chuckles, joining Trevor in standing.
"Bro seriously get lost" Alex tells him.
"Don't fucking tell me what to do!" The guy now clearly angry. All of the guys now standing, ready to fight.
"What's going on?" Jack approaches the table.
"Who are you?" The guy gives him a side eye.
"I could be asking you the same question" Jack moves to his seat, but he doesn't sit down.
"Dude just go" Quinn sighs, wanting to be done with the situation.
"Make me" the guy taunts. Trevor swiftly makes his way to the guy.
"Z" Elyssa stands, not wanting there to be a fight. Trevor grabs the guy and roughly guides him away from the table. The guy doesn't like that, trying to swing on Trevor. Jack closes his eyes, accepting that this is happening, before going to help Trevor. Trevor gets one swing on the guy before cole and Jack pull him away. By now, security has escorted the guy out of the restaurant.
"What the fuck was that?" Jack hits Trevor's arm.
"He was harassing Elyssa." Trevor plops down in his chair, crossing his arms to sulk.
"Thanks zebra" Elyssa daps him up.
"You didn't have to get in a fight" Cole adds.
"I didn't start it!" Trevor defends himself.
"Do we need to put you in a penalty box?" Jack scolds, making the rest of the table laugh. After a few minutes, things settled down and the group ate their food. After lunch, the guys went outside while Elyssa went to the bathroom. She was on her way out to meet them when she heard Jack talking.
"She doesn't need that kinda stress man." Jack tells his friends.
"Bro you need to chill out" Alex tells Jack.
"I'm just worried about her alright" jack says to the ground.
"Dude, she's stronger than all of us combined" Cole grips jacks shoulder, trying to comfort him.
"He's right. I am stronger than all of you" Elyssa enters the group cockily.
"Alright. Don't get an ego now" Cole jokes. Elyssa rolls her eyes jokingly. The guys begin walking to another shop, Jack and Elyssa trailing behind.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Jack whispers, still concerned.
"I'm okay baby. He didn't like touch me or anything. You know Trevor, he's just dramatic" Elyssa reassures him, cupping her hands in his face. Jack nods, agreeing with Elyssa. "Hughesy you gotta stop worrying about me. I'm fine. I go to the doctor for my final appointment in a few weeks. There's nothing to worry about" she tells him.
"I know... I just, I don't know" he trails off.
"I appreciate that you care" Elyssa presses a kiss to his lips before turning to rejoin their friends. Jack grabs her hand, pulling her back into one more kiss. Elyssa laughs at him, holding his hand as they walk.
"You've been spending too much time around Z" Jack jokes as they rejoin the group.

They spend the rest of the day going from shop to shop, the guys putting together funny outfits and doing stupid stuff to make each other laugh. Jack watches Elyssa get along, and be friends with the guys he grew up with. He smiles to himself, knowing he'll never have to worry about her being around his family and friends.