18

Elyssa lays with her head on jacks lap. He combs through her hair as they watch a show on the tv in his room.
"Hey, want to talk about what happened with your dad?" Jack breaks the silence.
"Oh yeah. Sure" Elyssa sits up to face him. "So that morning, me and Megan were walking to the gym. And he was watching us. When we came back, he was outside our building, watching. When we walked into the game, I saw him. During the third period I went to get a drink and he was there. So I decided to confront him. He tried to give me bullshit, telling me he's sorry and all that. I didn't accept it. What he did to me is not forgivable. I told him that if I see him again, I'll take legal action." She explains.
"Did he hurt you or touch you or anything" he scans her body for injuries.
"No baby I'm ok" she giggles at him, grabbing his hand in hers. "But uh, when I was a kid... he used to bring me to poker nights with his buddies. He never paid attention to me during those nights. Sometimes one of his friends went to the bathroom and forced me to go too. My dad never did anything about it. A few times, I saw him as he just watched me get taken by these men, not caring at all. Eventually, I told my mom and she kicked him out."
"I- I'm sorry that happened." Is all Jack can say.
"It's ok. It's why I go to therapy" she partly jokes.
"I didn't know. Does it like trigger you when we..." he insinuates.
"No baby not at all" she quickly shuts down his thoughts. "No. I'm not really affected by it anymore. I feel like it's weird to say I'm at peace with it but I kinda am. Some things upset me. But never you. Never ever you" she brings his hand up to her lips, kissing his knuckles. "I also haven't been upset about it in a long time. Before tonight. But I feel like it helped me a lot to say the things I did to him." Jack just watched her talk. He can't believe she went through that. That her father put her through that.
"I don't know what to say" Jack murmurs.
"You don't have to say anything. You can ask me questions. Or we can just keep watching tv. It doesn't matter" she says softly. She brings her hand to his chin, lifting it to look at her. "I love that you care so much, but it's ok now. Really. I'm good. I actually feel better now" she tries to comfort him.
"If I ever touch you and you don't like it-"
"I'll slap you across the face, yes" she cuts him off, joking. He laughs, feeling better as he sees her upbeat mood.
"Tell me about Michigan. What am I getting myself into" she changes the subject.
"It's gonna be so much fun. The house is on the lake and we have a boat. Some of my friends are coming too. I'm super excited to see them. We'll go golfing." He perks up.
"I don't know how to golf" she states.
"I'll teach you." He smiles, excited. The couple falls asleep talking about the summer.
"Good morning!" Ty cheers as Jack and Elyssa walk out of his room.
"Morning" Elyssa rubs her tired eyes.
"Why are you all happy?" Jack asks.
"We're off in two days and your birthday is coming up" Ty smiles. Elyssa quickly turns to Jack.
"You didn't tell me it's almost your birthday" she hits his arm. "When is it?"
"May 14. The day we're flying to Michigan." He tells her.
"Alright" she huffs.
"When's your birthday" he asks.
"September 9" she tells him.
"That's my little brother's birthday!" Jack lights up.
"Yeah?" She smiles.
"Yeah" he says, happily. Elyssa goes to the fridge, looking for something to have for breakfast. She decides on eggs. Jack stands next to her, watching what she's doing.
"Don't know how to cook eggs Hughes?" She jokes.
"I'm just waiting to put cheese on mine" he tells her with a matter of fact tone.
Once they are done, Elyssa gives a plate to Ty and Jack does his own. The three sit in the living room eating breakfast. The rest of the day they walked around and spent time outside.

elyssacooper posted a story