5

Jack😈
Good morning :)

Elyssa wakes up as her phone dings. She smiles, reading the message.

Lyss
It is too early
Jack😈
It's 9 am
Lyss
exactly
Jack😈
Wyd today?
Lyss
Not sure yet. I have to go to the gym. I also have a meeting next week so I have to prepare for that.
Jack😈
Want to get dinner tonight? My treat
Lyss
Are you asking me out on a date?
Jack😈
Only if you say yes
Lyss
Yes
Jack😈
Great. I'll pick you up at 8?
Lyss
Sounds good

Elyssa leaves her room for the kitchen. She finds Megan there, making herself eggs for breakfast.
"Want some?"
"Sure. I'm gonna cut up an avocado too" Elyssa says.
"So any word from Hughes?" Megan asks about Jack.
"He actually just texted me" Elyssa mentions.
"Girl! What'd he say?" Megan asks in a high pitch tone.
"He asked me on a date tonight" Elyssa blushes.
"OMG" Megan jumps up and down.
"Alright alright calm down. I gotta get work done today. I have a bunch of meetings next week about walking in NYFW" Elyssa says, grabbing an avocado.
"Girl you're walking in New York Fashion Week for Gucci. You're having them do your look for the Met Gala. When are you gonna solidify this partnership?" Megan points out.
"When they ask" Elyssa says like it's obvious. "That's kinda what my meetings are about next week." She shrugs.
"You don't have to be nervous about it" Megan comforts.
"Yeah. It's hard you know. My last contract like this was to be an angel. And all that gave me was an eating disorder and bad publicity." Elyssa remembers.
"Yeah but Gucci is for real. No more juvenile shit" Megan adds.
"Yeah you're right" Elyssa shrugs.
"Look, you gotta trust Lauren. She's not gonna put you in a situation like that. She's your manager for a reason. She won't let anything stupid be in your contract. It'll be good" Megan sets a plate with eggs in front of Elyssa.
"Thanks" she smiles.
Elyssa spends the day on her laptop, taking notes and gathering her thoughts about a potential new contract. Around 4 pm she goes to the gym. She does pilates and ends her workout with some stretching. She gets back around 6, just in time to start getting ready.
"Megs what do I wear?" She calls Megan into her room. Elyssa has a towel wrapped around her body, fresh out of the shower.
"Ask him" Megan states bluntly.
"What? Are you crazy?" Elyssas jaw drops.
"Just ask him where your going" Megan reasons. Elyssa nods, taking out her phone and asking Jack.
"He said a restaurant"
"Go with a black slip dress and heels. Cant go wrong" Megan goes into Elyssa's closet and pulls out the outfit.
"You are a lifesaver" Elyssa thanks her.
"I know, I know" Megan jokes, leaving Elyssas room for her to change.
"Lyss! Come on he's gonna be here in 10 minutes" Megan yells from the living room. Elyssa walks out.
"Woah. He's not gonna know what hit him!" Megan compliments.
"Thanks" Elyssa laughs.
They both hear a knock at the door.
"Oh my god he's here" Elyssa freaks out.
"Breathe" Megan looks her best friend in the eye, trying to calm her down.
"Yeah no you're right. It's fine" Elyssa shrugs. She goes to answer the door.
"Hey" she smiles.
"Wow you look... stunning" Jack breathes out.
Elyssa blushes, "thank you."
"Ready?" Jack offers his hand to Elyssa. She takes it.
He leads her out to his car and he opens the passenger door for her, closing it once she's in.
"Where are we going?" Elyssa questions.
"A really good restaurant in Jersey. I've made friends with the guy who owns it. He's super cool" Jack tells her, briefly looking over at her while he's driving.
"I could've met you. You didn't have to drive all the way into the city" she sympathizes.
"No way. I'm not gonna take you out on a date and not pick you up. Come on now" he acts offended. Elyssa laughs, nodding her head, "got it" she smiles.
Once they get there, he pulls out her chair for her before sitting down himself.
"So tell me something" Jack leans forward onto the table, interested.
Elyssa laughs, "um, I used to play volleyball. I was gonna play in college but then I decided not to go to college."
"You were good?" He asks.
"I mean, I wasn't going D1 or anything. But I was decent" she shrugs.
"We'll have to play together some time" he says.
"You play?" Elyssa perks up.
"No." He responds flatly which makes Elyssa laugh out loud.
"I'll teach you" she nods.
"Great. In return I'll teach you how to play hockey"
"What makes you think I don't already know?" She challenges.
"C'mon" he says like it's obvious she can't play.
"Fine. But you're gonna have to teach me how to skate first"
"I can do that" he nods. They continue talking the entire time until their food comes. While they eat there was a comfortable silence.
"Where are you from?" Elyssa breaks the silence.
"Uh, I was born in Florida. Grew up in Canada. Went to high school in Michigan, which is where my family is now" he explains. "What about you?"
"Pittsburg" she says plainly.
"That's it? Tell me about your family" he requests. Elyssa takes a deep breath. "If you don't want to that's cool" Jack notices.
"No I-I do... I just- the only person I've really talked to my family about has been Megan. But I do want to tell you." She admits. He stays silent, allowing her to lead the conversation. "For as long as I can remember, my dad has been a dead beat. Before my parents got divorced, I remember watching him abuse my mom. Not always physically, but he would treat her like absolute shit. When I was 5 they had my brother. 5 years later, my mom divorced him. I grew up watching her do everything by herself. She didn't need anybody. I admire her deeply for that." Elyssa opens up to Jack. He stays quiet, trying to respect her and her feelings. "It's why I'm hesitant. You know, all my life my mom did everything. She never needed a man and she was strong enough to recognize that. Shes the one who told me that Cher said that men are like dessert. And she's right." Elyssa searches Jacks eyes, trying to understand what he's thinking.
"Huh, I like it" he says simply.
"Yeah?" Elyssa questions, relived she didn't scare him away.
"Yeah. I like that your mom taught you to be independent." He smiles. She returns a smile.
"What about your family?" She asks.
"I'm the middle kid. Grew up with two brothers. My oldest brother, Quinn, he plays hockey for the Vancouver Canucks. He's 23. My younger brother, Luke, plays hockey for the University of Michigan. He's 19."
"Damn. Hockey really does run in your blood huh?" Elyssa laughs.
"You could say that. My mom played on the women's national team. My parents met because of hockey."
Elyssa smiles at the fact, thinking about how sweet it is. She smiles watching his eyes light up as he talks about his brothers.
"We've always been competitive with each other. I love them more than anything. And I'm super excited because Luke was drafted by the Devils. So when he's ready for the NHL, he's coming here, with me."
"I love that" she smiles at him.
They continue talking about funny childhood stories and random topics. Eventually, they left the small restaurant. Jack drove back into the city to drop Elyssa off.
"I had a great time" he tells her as they approach her apartment door.
"Me too." She smiles. Slowly, he inches closer to her, leaning down slightly and pressing his lips to hers. She felt like she was floating in a cloud. His lips were soft and thin and tasted like the cheesecake they shared for dessert. He broke the kiss, peering down at her with a smile. She smiles back, cheeks flushed.
"Good night" she whispers as she opens the door, entering her apartment.
"Good night" he says before she closes the door.
She rushes to Megan's room.
"Ahhhh!" Is all that came out of Elyssas mouth.
"How'd it go?" Megan sits up straight on her bed, watching Elyssa pace around her bedroom.
"The best. He opened the car door for me, got my chair in the restaurant. Megs I talked to him about my family!" Elyssa gushes.
"Woah" Megan knows the significance of her best friends family life.
"He was totally cool about it. He let me talk and said that he likes that my mom taught me to be independent!"
"Lyss that's the greatest thing I've ever heard!" Megan cheers, happy for Elyssa.
"And he kissed me at the door. God it was the best kiss." Elyssa swoons. Megan stands up to hug Elyssa.
"I'm so happy for you" she says genuinely.

elyssacooper did someone say dinner?liked by jackhughes and 1,966,207 others

liked by jackhughes and 1,966,207 others

meganjones holy shit I have no words 😍
^^^elyssacooper I take after you
jackhughes woah.
^^^elyssacooper 🤷‍♀️
fan the money I would pay to look like her
nhlfan Jack Hughes commenting?