39

Jack and Megan sit in Elyssas room, just wasting time.
"Mhm" they hear a hum. Both of their heads shoot up from their phones. They look at each other, thinking the other made the noise.
"Hm" they heard a soft groan. They look at Elyssa. They see her scrunching her face, about to open her eyes.
"I- we need somebody!" Jack stutters, not knowing what to do. He leaves the room quickly to get somebody.
"Hey. Hey lyss" Megan smiles, grabbing her best friends hand. Jack quickly returns with a nurse at his side.
"Ow" Elyssa whines softly. Tears threaten to fall from jacks eyes. Elyssa brings her hand up to her head, opening her eyes. He watches her with a beaming smile, not believing she's awake.
"Hi Elyssa" the nurse smiles gently.
"What?" Elyssa mutters weakly.
"You were in an accident a few weeks ago. You've been sleeping" the nurse explains to her. Elyssa let's out a heavy sigh. She turns her head slowly to see Megan and Jack. He smiles, chuckling in disbelief as tears run down his cheeks.
"Hey lyss" Megan smiles. Elyssa gives them a labored smile in return. She fought for her eyes to stay open. The nurse watches the machines, making sure everything is ok. Elyssas eyes close again, the nurse getting up to talk to Jack and Megan.
"So that's most likely going to happen throughout the next week, maybe two. Her brain is resuming after being on pause for a while. She's going to be weak and in pain. Which is normal. It's likely that she's going to be sleeping most of the time. Best thing for you to do is to help her feel comfortable. Don't pressure her. And if you need anything, let us know." The nurse explains before walking away.
"So she's not knocking on deaths door anymore?" Jack asks Megan.
"I don't think so. Think she's just gonna be sleeping a lot for a while" she clarifies.
"I can deal with that" Jack smiles, satisfied that she's no longer in a coma. They go back into her room, sitting on either side of the bed.
"I have to get going. I'll be back after the game." Jack checks the time.
"Good luck" Megan says as he leaves the room. A few hours later, Megan turns on the tv and puts on the devils game.
"Lyss. I know you're like asleep and whatever but I really want you to wake up." Megan talks as the hockey game plays on the tv. "I want you to wake up and be alright. I want you to talk and be yourself. And make jokes and have an attitude." As she talking the announcer cheers as Jack scores a goal. "He loves you. Jack. It's killing him. This whole thing is killing him. He's shutting down lyss. He needs you. He is willing to do absolutely anything in the world for you. He- he needs you" Megan says softly. Elyssa continues to lay there.
After the game Jack makes his way back to the hospital, bringing food for himself and Megan. They both talk and hangout for the night like they have been for the past two weeks.