51

Elyssa turns on music as she sets up in the bathroom. She lays out her makeup across the sink counter. She positions herself in front of the mirror, seeing Jack behind her in the shower. She laughs at him as he puts his soapy hair into a mohawk. She begins her makeup routine, enjoying the calm morning. Listening to music, doing her makeup and being with Jack are a few of her favorite things.
"You look stunning baby" Jack wraps a towel around his hips.
"Thank you love" she hums, turning to kiss him. He keeps it brief, entering the room to get dressed. He returns to the bathroom with his boxers on. Elyssa moves from in front of the sink, giving Jack room to brush his teeth. She leans close to the mirror, ending her routine with mascara. She puts away her things before going to get dressed. She removes the green, silk slip dress from the closet, laying it on the bed next to jacks outfit. He reenters the room, slipping on his grey suit pants. He puts on his white button up shirt before doing up his pants, allowing him to tuck his shirt in. Elyssa slips her dress over her head, adjusting how it sits on her body. Jack grabs his black tie, walking over to Elyssa, silently asking for help. She pops his collar up, sitting the tie at the base. She begins tying it, her tongue between her teeth lightly, showing that she's focusing. Once she finishes tying it, she puts the collar back down, ensuring the tie is hidden underneath.
"Turn" she tells him quietly. He does as she inspects that the back looks as good as the front. "Good" she confirms. Sitting down on the bed, she puts on strappy heels. Jack slips his grey suit jacket on over his white shirt.
"Well don't you look handsome" Elyssa smiles, standing up. She lays her hands on his chest, looking up at him.
"You are breathtaking" Jack returns the compliment before they head downstairs.
"Oh just look at them!" Ellen gushes, grasping Jim's hand as she sees the couple come down the stairs.
"Mom" Jack sighs, embarrassed.
"Looking spiffy boys" Elyssa says to Quinn and Luke. Quinn, wearing a light blue suit with a pink tie, Luke in a maroon suit with a dark blue, patterned tie. Luke jokingly does a curtsy, Quinn just simply thanking her.

The family finds their seats after briefly talking to people. Eventually the ceremony starts. Everyone turns as Sarah walks down the isle, escorted by her dad. Elyssa feels slightly jealous, knowing that's not practical for her. She mentally puts herself in this position, thinking about how her wedding would go. She figures that her mom would walk her down the isle, but it still hurts her slightly, knowing that she'll never have that relationship with her dad. Jack notices her demeanor, he reaches for her hand that sat in her lap. She looks at him as he holds her hand in his, giving him a soft smile. He returns it before turning to the front. They sit through the ceremony before moving to the venue where the reception is. They all find their seats. Elyssa and Jack sit in their seats while everyone else goes off the socialize. Soon, a little boy comes up to them. He gives Elyssa a shy smile. Jack watches his 6 year old cousin, laughing to himself. Elyssa smiles at the little boy, causing his smile to widen, his cheeks turning a bright red.
"Come here dude" Jack nods his head for the little boy to go to him. The boy goes to Jack, standing between Jack and Elyssas chairs. Jack leans down, to be at the little boys level.
"She's pretty huh?" Jack whispers in the little boys ear. The boy nods, nervously bringing his fingers up to his mouth. "She's smart and funny too. The total package." Jack says in a low tone. Elyssa watches her boyfriend with the young boy, smiling to herself. "You wanna say hi?" Jack suggests.
"Hi" The little boy barely speaks, his fingers still by his mouth.
"Hi" Elyssa smiles kindly at him. The little boy runs away, most likely finding his parents.
"That was cute" Elyssa smiles.
"What?" Jack laughs innocently.
"You. With kids. It's just- you're cute" she blushes. He responds by pulling her into a kiss. Soon, meals come out and everyone sits at their tables, eating. People make their speeches, some being funny, others making people cry. As the night goes on, Elyssa and Jack stand in a circle with some of jacks other cousins.
"So Jack" a man claps him on the back.
"So Uncle John" Jack mocks his uncle.
"I hear your next" John says, talking about the wedding.
"Oh, I- I don't know" Jack stutters. Elyssa looks down at the drink in her hands. She examines it, hoping the uncle won't bring her into the conversation.
"Uncle John you gonna come to Vancouver for a game next season?" Quinn notices Jack and Elyssas awkwardness. Thankfully, John gets caught up in that conversation. Elyssa mouths a thank you to Quinn.
"Come on" Elyssa takes jacks hand, leading him away from the circle.
"Where?" He follows her.
"To dance" she says, pulling him onto the dance floor. He stops following her, dropping her hand.
"Whats the problem?" She turns around to face him.
"I- I've never really danced." He hesitates.
"Come on baby, it's not complicated." She says, wanting him to dance with her.
"Alright" he sighs, knowing how badly she wanted to dance. She giggles, finding a spot on the dance floor.
"Hand on my back" she tells him as he places a hand on her back. With the other one, he takes her hand and holds it out to the side and up. "There ya go!" She encourages him. The couple sways softly to the music. Jack notices Elyssas smile, making his heart full. He doesn't care too much for slow dancing, but if it makes her happy, he'll do it.
"Mom," Luke taps her. "Look at this" he gestures toward Jack and Elyssa dancing, in disbelief.
"Oh how sweet" Ellen smiles, taking a picture of them.
As the night goes on, the kids leave and the adults drink. The reception turns more into a party. Everyone jumping around and having fun.

(tagged jackhughes)

(tagged jackhughes)

elyssacooper xoxo💚
liked by meganjones and 1,529,101 others
jackhughes ripping up the dance floor
meganjones my heart 🥹
trevorzegras rowdy dancing like there's no tomorrow
meganjones also a little commotion for the dress 🔥🥵😍
alexturcotte oh but we weren't invited...
^^^colecaufield that's what I'm sayin
fan this is so precious
sarahrichards loved having you!! <3
^^^elyssacooper ah! Ily!

^^^colecaufield that's what I'm sayinfan this is so precious sarahrichards loved having you!! <3^^^elyssacooper ah! Ily!

jackhughes whata weekendliked by 149,733elyssacooper the guy in the grey is 🥵trevorzegras the guy in the blue is 🥵^^^elyssacooper 🖕^^^quinnhughes 😚🍑🖕^^^lukehughes what about the middle man??tysmith da boyzcolecaufield legendaryalexturcotte t...

liked by 149,733
elyssacooper the guy in the grey is 🥵
trevorzegras the guy in the blue is 🥵
^^^elyssacooper 🖕
^^^quinnhughes 😚🍑🖕
^^^lukehughes what about the middle man??
tysmith da boyz
colecaufield legendary
alexturcotte too good
fan the solo pic of Elyssa ☠️
meganjones my bff lookin hot asf
^^^elyssacooper I miss youuuuu
nhlfan the Hughes brother content we needed
fan1 the photo booth pic of his gf 😶‍🌫️