63

"God you're gorgeous" Jack sighs as Elyssa opens the door to her apartment. "Also happy birthday" he adds, handing her flowers.
"You're so cute" she kisses him before taking the flowers. He sits on a stool as she fills a vase up with water to put the flowers in.
"How's Luke doing?" Elyssa asks as they walk outside.
"We made him take a shot this morning as soon as he woke up" Jack tells her.
"No you didn't" she laughs.
"We did. He got it down smooth. I didn't want to give him a chaser but Ty did anyway" he laughs with her. The two make their way to the car and Jack drives to a small local cafe. The two find a table and sit down. They spend the meal talking and joking around. Elyssa didn't stop smiling the entire time. Neither did Jack.

elyssacooper posted a story

After breakfast, Jack took Elyssa back to her apartment

"Please stay" she holds onto his waist.
"Ah don't do this to me" he hugs her tightly.
"It's my birthday" she reasons.
"I have practice" he says.
"For 10 minutes? Pleaseeee." She draws out.
"Baby I really want to,"
"Great. Then stay" she declares.
"You know I can't" he laughs at her.
"Yeah yeah" she concludes. He leans down, kissing her softly.
"Ok, I gotta go" he pulls away, grabbing his keys. She kisses him once more.
"I love you. Happy birthday" he quickly kisses her a final time.
"I love you" she smiles as he leaves. Elyssa decides to pick out her outfit for the night before lounging around until it's time to get ready.
"Shots before we leave!" Megan cheers. Both girls easily down their shots. They make their way down the street to a club where it's already busy. They girls dance and jump around to the music, having fun.

"Let's go Moose!" Jack calls.
"I'm coming. Geez man, on my birthday?" Luke pretends to be hurt by Jack yelling.
"Shut up" Jack teases, lightly pushing him.
"We're meeting them there?" Luke asks about his parents.
"Yes" Jack nods, leaving his apartment. The two brothers meet their parents at the restaurant.
"My baby is grown up." Ellen hugs Luke tightly.
"Happy birthday Luke" Jim hugs him as well.
"Thanks" Luke says, a little awkward.
Jack hugging both his parents once they're done with Luke. The four sit down and begin talking.
"Jack how's apartment hunting?" Jim asks.
"Good. We really liked the first one we saw. I have a feeling it's gonna be the one." Jack tells them simply.
"Anything else new?" Ellen looks at each of her sons.
"I uh, actually never mind. It's Luke's night." Jack stops himself.
"Rowdy just say it. I bet I don't have anything more entertaining to talk about." Luke comforts his brother.
"Alright. Uh, I'm thinking about proposing." Jack tells his family hesitantly.
"To who?" Luke asks casually.
"Ha ha" Jack pretends to laugh.
"Quinn woulda thought it was funny." Luke huffs under his breath.
"I thought it was funny." Jim quietly tells Luke.
"That's enough," Ellen settles the boys down,"Jack that's wonderful." She smiles.
"Right now it's just a thought. I've been looking at a few rings but that's about it." He tells them.
"My boys aren't boys anymore." Ellen coos.
"I'm happy for you." Jim claps Jack on the back.
"Me too. I've never seen you so happy, Jack. You deserve it." Ellen says genuinely.
"Make sure you do it right. You know, ask her mother, all that jazz." Jim instructs. Jack nods, understanding his dad's instructions. "And if you need any help, we'll do what we can." Ellen nods.
"Thanks guys." Jack says genuinely.
"Speaking of the devil, what is Elyssa doing tonight?" Luke thinks out loud.
"Her and Megan are going out." Jack tells him.
"Oh god" Luke huffs.
The family finish their dinner before heading back to Jack and Luke's apartment. They find Ty lounging around on the couch.
"The Hughes' are here!" Ty cheers as they enter the apartment.
"Ty, how are ya!" Jim asks, happy to see jacks friend.
"Good, good. How about yourself?" Ty asks, Jim sitting on the couch as well. The group hangs out at the guy's apartment for a few hours, drinking some and having fun. Jack steps away from the action as his phone rings.
"Hey. How's it going?" Jack speaks into his phone.
"I miss you!" Elyssa yells from the other end.
"Are you alright?" He asks, worried something might be wrong.
"Yeah. I just wish I was with you." She tells him.
"You and Megan having fun?" He asks.
"Yeah" she says. He hears the music muffle, assuming she went outside or something.
"Will you be okay to walk home? Actually, I'm just gonna come and get you guys." Jack decides.
"Bub it's only 3 blocks." She reasons.
"You're drunk. You're not walking the streets of New York at night, alone, drunk." He states. He hears her groan but she doesn't argue with him. "Just let me know when you guys want to go home." He tells her. Jack hears indecisive talking on the other end.
"Now?" She asks.
"Yep" he says, checking her location she sent him.
"I'll call you when I'm close, okay?"
"Yeah" she breaths. He hangs up, grabbing his keys.
"Where are you off to?" Luke asks. The group was hanging out, watching a movie in comfy clothes.
"Going to get Elyssa and Megan." He tells them.
"Oh! Bring them here!" Ellen cheers.
"Mom they're drunk" Jack reasons.
"I want to see Elyssa on her birthday! And she can play games with us! Come on, I promise I won't tell her!" Ellen pleads, a little wine drunk.
"I'll ask them" Jack compromises as he walks out the door.
"Ah!" Elyssa gasps cheerfully, her face lighting up once she sees Jack. She wraps her arms around jacks neck, his hands moving to her waist.
"Hi" he laughs at her happy drunk state.
"I'm so glad you're here." She smiles.
"How do you feel?" He asks, brushing hair out of her face.
"So good" she slurs.
"Where's Megan?" He looks around for her.
"Bathroom" Elyssa remembers. After a few minutes, Megan came back and the group headed to jacks car.
"Do you guys want to come over? My parents are there and my mom wants to see you." Jack asks as he navigates through the city traffic.
"Ah! Yes. I love Ellen!" Elyssa cheers.
"Uh yeah" Megan states like it's obvious. The car was silent most of the drive. Elyssa turned in her seat, admiring jacks features.
"Jacky?" She gets his attention.
"Yes baby" he answers softly.
"I love you" she hums.
"I love you" he smiles. He gently cups her face in his hand, brushing his thumb across her cheek. 
"Yay!" Ellen cheers as the door is opened. Elyssa and Megan go and hug jacks mom. Ellen sits on the floor at the coffee table, Megan joining her.
"Come on, let's play a board game" Ellen invites them. Jack stands in front of the couch, about to sit down. Elyssa moves in front of him, going to sit on the floor. She stumbles a bit, Jack holding her hips to steady her. She sits down, happy to be with Ellen and Megan. They play games for a few hours, the guys sometimes joining in. Mostly, they just laugh at the tipsy women.