15

"Do you have to go?" Elyssa asks Jack from his bed. She lays on her stomach, propped up on her elbows. He stands at his closet and picks out a suit, and lays it on the bed.
"It is my job" he answers, laying another suit on top of the first one. Elyssa sticks her tongue out at him. He lightly pushes her head to the side. She laughs, smacking his leg in return.
"I am excited to see Trevor though" he tells her.
"Who?" She asks.
"My buddy from home. We played on the national team development program together. We went to high school together." He explains.
"Didn't he comment on my instagram post?" She remembers.
"Yep. That's the one" he nods, folding a sweatshirt to pack in his duffel bag. Elyssa watches him in silence as he continues to pack. She hangs out at Jack and Ty's apartment for the rest of the day, leaving around 10 pm.
"Good luck, have a good flight and text me when you land?" Elyssa requests as Jack walks her to her car.
"I will" he tells her, stopping at the driver side door.
"Good" she says quietly.
"I'll see you next week" Jack says, grabbing her hand at her side.
"Yep" she smiles, opening the car door. He pulls her into a hug, holding her tightly. She focuses on his scent, trying to memorize it. Once they pull away, Jack leans down and kisses her lips. The kiss is soft and comfortable. She feels safe and relaxed.
"Alright," Jack sighs. He holds open the car door for her as she gets in. He presses one last kiss to her lips quickly before closing the door, letting her drive away.
Megan and Elyssa sit in their living room, eating dinner as they watch tv. They're both sitting on the couch, relaxed after the day.
"Can you pause it?" Elyssa asks once she notices her phone ringing. Megan does so and turns her attention to Elyssas phone as well.
"Hey" Elyssa smiles as she picks up the facetime.
"Hey" jacks face lights up when he sees her.
"What's up? What're you doing?" She asks.
"I'm at Zs place. We play tomorrow so we're just hanging out right now." Jack says. Almost on command Trevor makes his way into frame. "This is Trevor Zegras" Jack laughs.
"Hi" Elyssa giggles.
"Nice to meet you Elyssa Cooper" he says with a sarcastically serious tone. This makes Elyssa laugh again.
"Nice to meet you Trevor Zegras" she copies him.
"Anyways," Jack pushes Trevor away, "what are you doing?"
"Me and Megan are just watching tv while we eat dinner" Elyssa shows Megan.
"Hey tiger" Megan waves with a smile.
"Quit calling me that" Jack complains, making both girls laugh.
"Why'd she call you that?" Trevor asks, intrigued.
"It's nothing" jacks face begins to grow red.
"Ohhhh" Trevor realizes. Jack rolls his eyes with a sigh. The couple continues to talk for a while before hanging up.
"Dude I can't believe you're dating a model" Trevor says in awe.
"She's not like a model though. You know what I mean? It's not like she's Kendall Jenner. She doesn't act like that" Jack tells his friend.
"What ever you say dude. She's still a model and she's still hot as fuck" Trevor says. Jack smacks the back of Trevor's head, not liking that he was talking about his girlfriend like that.
The next day elyssa sets herself up in the living room. She has everything she needs to do spread out on the coffee table with her laptop and notes. She turns the tv on to espn. She leaves it on during all the pregame talk, not paying attention to it until the game actually starts.
"Jack Hughes, number 86 for the Devils. He's something you gotta look out for. His knowledge of the game is insane and he knows how to get the puck in that goal and he gets it done." The sports reporters talk about Jack at the espn desk. Elyssa smiles as they show a few clips of him scoring. "He is a young player, 21 years old. He started in the league at only 18 and he has already achieved so much. He got that A on his jersey this year, proving that he is part of the leadership that the Devils have. Now, on the other side, we're watching Trevor Zegras tonight. Him and Hughes are buddies and have played together for many years, both of them playing major roles in the USA gold medal win during the 2021 World Juniors Championship Tournament. Zegras is a creative player and he's not afraid to try anything out there. I think this is going to be a great match up for the old friends." Elyssa listens to the pregame report as she gets some work done on her laptop. Once the game starts she forgets about her work, watching Jack play.

Lyss
Good job tonight. Proud of u!

Jack opens his phone in the locker room after the game. He smiles to himself as he begins to take off his uniform.