11

Chapter 11 Chicken and Duck

As soon as Liang Xianyue and Zhen Min came out of the vegetable market, they had a cold war together. It was said just now that the day was warm, but within a short while, the cold wind mixed with large flakes of snow was blowing towards people.

The snow that fell on the ground no longer melted, and a thin layer of ice formed on the original puddle. Liang Xianyue stepped down and heard a slight cracking sound of the ice surface.

After they got home, they waited for a long time, but they still couldn't wait for Liang Kangshi to come back.

Zhen Min was so anxious that he made several phone calls. Liang Kangshi first said that he would be leaving soon, and then that he was on the road, and there was a traffic accident ahead and the traffic was blocked.

Until it got dark, Liang Kangshi finally returned home. He was holding a big cardboard box, wrapped with a tattered quilt he found somewhere, and it was only folded at one corner.

Liang Xianyue lifted the torn quilt, and a few tender cries came from the box, inside a dozen light yellow fluffy chicks crowded together, looking at her timidly.

"It's a chicken!" Liang Xianyue carefully stretched out a finger, and touched the head of the little yellow chicken closest to her. The fluff of the newborn chick is delicate and soft, and the small one is not as big as Liang Xianyue's fist.

She counted them one by one, and when she reached the eleventh one, a "chicken" huddled in a corner looked up, and Liang Xianyue could see its duck mouth clearly. It turned out that there were not only thirteen chicks here, but also six ducks.

Liang Xianyue squatted down to look at Xiaoji for a while, Zhen Min and Liang Kangshi went downstairs again, and took out a lot of things from the car. In addition to the various seeds that we agreed to buy, there are also troughs for chickens, automatic water feeders, two bags of pure natural chicken feed made from crushed corn kernels, and a piece of bean cake that is bigger than a washbasin.

"How do you raise such a small chicken?" Liang Xianyue said helplessly. Although the chicks are cute, they just broke their shells when they look like this. Normally, the chicks have to grow bigger before they are bought home. It is very troublesome to raise chicks that are too small. Chickens get sick and die.

Liang Kangshi had no choice. It was time to kill chickens and eat them in winter. Who would go home to catch chicks at this time? He went to several places to buy a few such small chickens and ducks.

He took out his mobile phone and showed Liang Xianyue the precautions he wrote down in the memo: "I have already asked how to raise the chickens, and I have prepared a lot of chicken medicine, let's raise them first, it will not be so easy to raise them bigger I'm sick."

It's not good to put so many chickens and ducklings in one box, as illnesses are easily contagious, so Zhen Min found another cardboard box, spread a layer of sawdust brought by Liang Kangshi, and caught the six ducklings in it.

She fed water to the chickens and ducklings, and soaked millet for them to eat.

"Don't feed the chicks immediately after drinking the water, it's not good for the chick's stomach." Liang Kangshi looked carefully at the precautions he had jotted down at the time, and hurriedly told Zhen Min.

"I know, I know." Zhen Min looked at the thermometer at home and frowned, "Thirteen degrees, cover the quilt quickly, the chicks and ducklings will be freezing in a while, don't forget to prick a few holes in the cardboard box for ventilation. "

Liang Xianyue looked out of the window, and the heavy snow seemed to be endless, falling from the depths of the sky one after another, so dense that it was impossible to see the scenery outside clearly. Many people leaned out of the windows to take pictures of the rare heavy snow, Liang Xianyue felt as if snow had fallen in his heart, and it was getting colder and colder.