23

Chapter 23

In the past two days, apart from clearing the snow in the yard, Liang Xianyue has only done one thing, which is drying kelp.

The resources of the ocean are extremely rich. With Liang Xianyue's current ability, he can only pick up conch and pry oysters at the seaside, but going to the sea can always bring people endless surprises. Recently, Liang Xianyue has set his sights on the oyster coast Growing kelp.

The oyster coast is about 20 minutes away from Liang Xianyue's island villa by electric car, which is almost the farthest range he has traveled on Huanhai Island so far. The landform of Conch Bay closest to them is close to a tourist beach, with fine sand and blue water, but because there are no reefs, the kelp cannot cling to it, and only some floating slender seaweed can be seen.

Only two people can sit on the electric car, this time Liang Xianyue and Zhen Min set off together. Because they are not sure which method is more convenient to pick kelp, they brought a knife, scissors and sickle, and they can try each one at that time.

Liang Xianyue wore half-length water pants, which were equivalent to an extended version of water shoes, and the part up to the waist was made of waterproof rubber. The kelp can only be harvested after entering the water, Liang Xianyue is quite well prepared.

They found a place where a lot of kelp grew and the water was not deep. After walking around here, they realized that the kelp was not the only kind they usually ate. She also saw a yellowish-looking one. A bit like kelp with pea pods, it is covered with round bumps.

It doesn't look very tasty.

The most common flaky kelp looks more secure. A piece of kelp is very long, two to three meters is common, Liang Xianyue is not going to cut off the root, the lower part of the kelp is very thick, and it may not be able to bite at all.

She chose a section in the middle, skimmed off the 20 cm thin and soft layer at the tip, and cut down about one meter from here. She first chose the scissors that seemed the most comfortable. It was a bit difficult for the blade of the scissors to press the thickest part in the middle of the kelp, but it was much faster to cut the remaining part beyond this point.

Liang Xianyue tried the sickle and knife again. Needless to say the knife, there is nowhere to start. The sickle is also not easy to use. If you can firmly grasp the kelp and then use the sickle to cut hard, the efficiency will be greatly improved. But the kelp has a smooth surface and cannot be fixed at all.

I ended up using the scissors.

When pulling the kelp, various marine creatures will always come out of the kelp bushes, including hermit crabs with snail shells, small fish and shrimps with long fingers.

Liang Xianyue glanced over, but didn't see any valuable seafood, so she turned around and continued cutting her kelp.

After harvesting more than a dozen kelp, Liang Xianyue's fingers ached and her arms were a little tired. She climbed ashore to rest for a while.

There are many red sea anemones by the sea, with soft tentacles fluttering in the sea water. If you poke them with a wooden stick, the middle of the sea anemones will shrink immediately.

There are also a lot of strange-shaped seaweed that will be washed ashore. Liang Xianyue sometimes pokes the seaweed with a sickle curiously, but she doesn't do it. She is afraid that something will suddenly jump out of the seaweed mass and bite her.

Zhen Min was still in the sea, but when she saw Liang Xianyue coming ashore, she also followed her. She threw the harvested kelp onto the reef without seawater, glanced into the crevice of the reef inadvertently, and stretched out her hand excitedly to greet Liang Xianyue: "Look at Yueyue, there is a big crab in the crevice of the rock!" Liang Lianyue went all the