47

Chapter 47 Beer (three thousand nutrient solution plus more)

When Huang Yifeng handed the bucket containing the corn armyworm to Liang Xianyue, he stretched his arms far away in disgust, and put a lid on the bucket. That little worm didn't look like anything, so I got a bucket and packed it together, and seeing the thousands of worms rolling and climbing inside, I couldn't even eat lunch.

Liang Xianyue told Huang Yifeng that he was collecting stickworms for a chicken farmer he knew in a neighboring village, and earning a commission from it. He also said that he could get chickens, and asked Huang Yifeng's family if they wanted to raise chickens.

Huang Yifeng shook his head resolutely: "How can Yi Jun and I know how to raise chickens? I see that those who used to raise chickens every year, the chickens raised this year are also thin and bald, and several of them died of heatstroke. The weather is so hot, and the chickens are also affected. I will collect a few well-raised chickens in the village and slaughter them to eat."

Liang Xianyue said: "Okay, Uncle Huang, then don't forget to continue to help me collect sticky insects."

Liang Xianyue took these sticky The insects were brought into the space to feed the chickens and ducks. She was wearing long gloves, and she was mentally prepared. She lifted the lid of the bucket and knocked the lid on the fence first, and the corn armyworm attached to it swarmed. When it fell, the flock of chickens swarmed up, eating all the bugs that fell from the lid in the blink of an eye. They also scrambled to stick their heads out of the fence, trying to peck the barrel outside the fence.

Liang Xianyue squinted her eyes and glanced into the bucket. Five catties of sticky worms had just been filled to the bottom of the bucket, which looked five or six centimeters high, but there were quite a few crawling around the sides of the bucket. She picked up the bucket and weighed it to shake off the armyworm on the wall of the bucket. Then she took a long-handled spoon and scooped it up. She didn't see it clearly, and poured it directly into the chicken bowl.

She put the lid on neatly, and the chickens were fed, leaving the ducks. The ducks also like this kind of fat insects. When they fight, they want to step on the heads of the ducks in front, quacking non-stop.

Liang Xianyue reckoned that the five catties of corn armyworm collected would only be enough to feed the family's chickens and ducks for a week even if they were saved. The main reason is that the chickens eat more. Now the number of chickens has doubled compared to the original one. There are 17 newly hatched chicks, as well as the original eight hens and three roosters.

The chicks are still unable to tell the male from the female. In order to obtain enough fertilized eggs every day to exchange for the corn armyworm, the three roosters dare not kill and eat meat easily, so they are raised like this.

Zhen Min heard that Liang Xianyue harvested a lot of corn armyworms to nourish the chickens and ducks, but he didn't know how much to harvest. He was afraid that it would be difficult to deal with it, so he helped Liang Xianyue come up with an idea: "Fresh ones are not easy to store, just eat them." Dried in the sun, although it is definitely not as nutritious as alive, but it can be stored for a long time, and it can be taken out to feed chickens and ducks in the future."

Liang Xianyue was reminded, and hurried to count how many fertilized eggs had been saved at home these days , Counting and counting, there are only nine, which was saved in two days.

According to the speed at which fertilized eggs are accumulated, it is too late to exchange many armyworms, unless people are willing to pay on credit. Liang Xianyue was in a hurry when another piece of bad news came from Huang Yifeng. There were a few more people collecting armyworms at his place, and they exchanged them for chickens.