39

Chapter 39 Fertilizers (1)

People in Liangjia Village have been preparing for spring plowing in the past few days.

A winter of heavy snow covered the earth, and experienced a flood. The soil layer is very wet, even to the point where it is not suitable for farming.

However, the sun has been shining brightly for the past few days, which has hardened the surface of the field, and even cracked lines appeared in some places. The villagers judged that the current land could be cultivated, and they went up the mountain with farm tools and seeds in recent days.

A flood reduced the population of Liangjia Village by at least 1/4, but the young people who came back from the city quickly made up for this gap, and it was even more lively than before. Although they all feel sad because of the death of elders or relatives in the village, life must go on, especially the important event of farming.

The land in Liangjia Village is fragmented and cannot be equipped with large-scale agricultural machinery. At most, some semi-automatic machinery is used. Many people simply rely on manual labor. Anyway, there is not much arable land per capita.

Linshan Village next door is different. The large flat land is very suitable for mechanization. But their farming activities have not yet started, because the land looks dry at first glance, but in fact the ground is still rich in water, and large agricultural machinery is easy to sink in, and we have to wait until the soil layer is drier.

Liang Xianyue's family actually owns land in Liangjia Village. After their family moved to the city, these lands couldn't be left unused, and in the end they were planted by the fourth grandfather's family and the third aunt's family.

The third aunt seldom went to the mountains these years, and the family's land, together with the few pieces of land that Liang Kangshi planted for their family, were all planted by the third aunt's son Du Kai.

This year's situation is special, Liang Xianyue's family moved back to Liangjia Village, and everyone knew the importance of food, and they were very active in spring plowing. Du Kai specially came to Liang Xianyue's house and asked them to take the land back and plant it.

Liang Kangshi actually didn't really want those lands. Those lands are halfway up the mountain, and the soil quality is not good, even if they are carefully taken care of, the yield is average. It's still far away from home, and I usually go there by riding a bicycle for more than ten minutes, and then climbing a section of mountain road. Harvesting is even more difficult. The path down the mountain is narrow and steep, and even a wheelbarrow cannot go up the mountain. The sacks of corn can only be carried down the mountain by manpower. Both Liang Kangshi and Zhen Min suffered from back injuries to some extent, which were caused by carrying corn when they were young.

Now that they are getting older, they can't do this physically and vigorously. Plus there are better choices, isn't there enough land in Liang Yueyue Island? You can reclaim as much as you want, only if you can't grow it, and there is absolutely no shortage of land.

So Liang Kangshi said to Du Kai: "The few pieces of land in my house are not much, and they have been planted by your family all the time. You should continue to plant them. I have a friend who plans to move to Liangjia Village recently. I want to follow him. Small business, I'm afraid I can't take care of

farming." After hearing this, Du Kai knew that Liang Kangshi's friend was Huang Yifeng. A capable friend.

He didn't doubt him, and promised: "Since Brother Kang said so, I will plant this land first. This year, the land at home is going to be planted with potatoes. After harvesting, I will bring you three hundred catties, which will be regarded as rent." The money for the land."