Chapter: Four

"How did Leila... die? What if you go to the North and are in danger?"

Gerard, whose expression became serious, asked Chloe.

"Ah..."

Chloe was at a loss for words because of Gerard's unique point of view. She hadn't thought that far ahead, so she couldn't help but panic.

"I want to go North with you, but as you know, I can't right now."

Gerard, the First Knight Commander of the Imperial Family, was busy every year during social season. In particular, he was busier in the fall than the spring, because the hunting festivals held under the command of the Imperial Knights Templar happened then. So in the fall, the Blanchett family followed the busy head to the Capital.

This year, unlike previous years, they had come a few weeks earlier. But he couldn't leave when no preparations were put in place for his departure.

Of course, Gerard was also worried about Leila. But at heart, he wanted to go up North with his wife to spend more time with her.

Leila was well guarded by her husband. The only people he had to worry about were Chloe and Abel.

"No, I'll go alone. In my dream, Leila collapsed from an unknown disease, and hasn't woken up since. It won't be dangerous if I just go see her."

Lies beget lies, and that's exactly what this was. Chloe, who from the beginning had no intention of going with her husband, had to continue her big lie with little ones.

"Wouldn't you rather send a letter as I said earlier?"

Gerard's persistence forced Chloe to swallow her dismay.
She thought he would let her go as it was a Leila problem, but that was a mistake. Moreover, her husband was not the kind of person to stop her when she said she would do something. The man who always nodded silently ambushed her today.

"No, I have to go. If I stay here, I won't be able to do anything because I'll be so worried."

"I'm the one who's worried about..."

'I won't be able to focus if I send you to the North...'

Gerard swallowed his last words as they sounded too foolish. Naturally, Chloe misunderstood that Gerard was more concerned about Leila.

"It doesn't always happen just because you have a precognitive dream. If you want to change it, it will change, so don't worry too much, okay?"

Chloe was heartbroken over her husband worrying about Leila. However, she mustered up a friendly voice to reassure her husband. It'd be a big deal if he decided to follow along.

"...For example? What future have you changed?"

But Gerard suddenly asked a random question.

In the end, he knew he would follow his wife's wishes as usual. He was just being a bit... grumpy. He didn't want to immediately express affirmation to his wife, who so easily decided that she would go to the North alone.

"Uh..."

Chloe was taken aback by the sudden question, so she answered whatever came to mind.

"Marrying you?"
Chloe had blamed herself countless times since Gerard was injured at the coronation ceremony nine years ago. She vowed never to intervene in their story again.

But there was no way she could turn away from Gerard Blanchett, who asked for her hand in marriage.

The dream book didn't have a single line about who Gerard would marry. But it was clear that it wasn't Chloe.
Gerard was the only thing she had achieved by changing the story in the book.