Chapter: Seven

The next day the children were excited to go on a picnic to the lake. But the reaction of the adults was strange. If they were going to go today, they should start preparing now, but they were having a leisurely tea time in the garden.

In the end, Rennesia, who couldn't stand it any longer, asked her mother directly.

"So, when will we go to the lake?"

"Oh, did I say today? I said I'd take you sooner or later."

Leila said, pretending to be innocent.

"What? Not today?"

"What, Mom! We have been tricked!"

"Mom!"

The children were visibly disappointed since they thought they would go on a picnic the very next day. They were angry that they were deceived, and before the adults knew it, the kids were tearing up.

"It's because the plan was made last night. How can we go right away? We have to get permission from the Grand Duke, ask the knights to escort us, and prepare lunch in the kitchen."

Chloe explained quietly, but the problem was that the children weren't listening.

"I'll take you tomorrow, tomorrow! Instead, I was going to teach you swordsmanship today, aren't you interested in it?"

Come to think of it, Leila was dressed in training clothes. Chloe wondered if she had been training, or if she was going to show her swordsmanship to the children.

Then, at once, the children's eyes began to sparkle again. Abel, who wanted to be the sword of the Empire, and Renee, who wanted to be the knight like her mother. And finally Noah, who wanted to copy everything Renee did. All three clung to Leila with excitement.

"Come, let's move to the wide space over there."

Leila, who winked at Chloe, moved along with the children.

As expected, the female lead was the female lead. Leila was cool and shining. That's why Chloe always felt like a shadow when stood beside her.

Chole smiled wryly at the insecurity that bubbled up again and lifted her teacup to take a sip. Her husband also loved that bright woman, so she didn't know if she should be fond of her.

"Oh, Abel. You have good posture. Are you taking swordsmanship classes?"

"Yes! I'm taking them from Lord Hume!"

"Mom, I want them, too! Look at me!"

"Whose daughter is this? Our Renee's posture is really good!"

"What about me? What about me?"

"Haha, Noah is in first place if it's about passion!"

Watching the noisy crowd from afar, Chloe tempered her feelings. She occasionally smiled at Abel, who sometimes turned to look back at her.

"I'm at your service, Marchioness Blanchett. You're still beautiful."

A fierce-looking red-haired knight pretended to be surprised and greeted her. His tone and gestures were very light.

Herace Moore. He was a man who passionately tried to court Chloe before she became a Blanchett.

-I fell in love at first sight, young Lady Roem.

-Would you please allow me to call you by name? Can you call me Herace, too?

-I heard you like this flower... I prepared it for you. Would you accept it?

-Please marry me. I want to stay by your side forever.

Herace's confessions in the past flashed through Chloe's mind. He never moved her heart. As a result, she felt guilty and awkward.