Chapter Fifty One: The Beginning Of Their Feelings (2)

It was the day of the coronation.

When Chloe saw it in her dream, there was a rebel attack. She clasped her hands among the disoriented crowd.

'Please... Please don't hurt him.'

Chloe sighed in relief when she saw the rebels being suppressed. Sir Blanchett wouldn't be hurt.

However, her relief was quickly replaced.

Gerard was wounded more severely than he was in her dream.

'Why is this happening? How?'

Chloe couldn't accept reality and kept asking a bunch of questions inwardly. She managed to find the answer.

There was only one thing that was different from the situation in her dream. Chloe's involvement. She gave Gerard a tip and advised Leila to pack a knife before the event.

'It's because of me.'

Originally, he was only supposed to be shot by an arrow. But because of her, he was stabbed in the stomach.

Chloe's hands trembled. At that moment, Gerard's stumbling body fell, unable to maintain its balance.

"Gerard!"

She was so surprised that she leaped forward whilst crying out his name. And at that exact moment, their eyes met as he fell to the floor.

'Why does she look so sad?'

Gerard was perplexed seeing Chloe's face, which was faintly visible. What made her so dismayed? He pushed her away coldheartedly after all.

Chloe's face was a mess. Her pretty blue eyes were blurred with tears, and her lips were bleeding as if they had been chewed too hard.

"Ha..."

Gerard laughed.

Leila, who had been with him for a long time, saw him fall, but didn't let go of Frederick's hand. However, Chloe Roem, whom he had pushed away coldheartedly, came to him crying, as if the sight of him made her so sad.

That day, Chloe Roem unknowingly pushed Gerard Blanchett over the line. It was the moment when his solid and firm wall collapsed.

It was irresistible. How could he have pushed her away when she ran to him with such a hopeless look? No one had come running toward him like that his whole life.

***

"Gerard!"

Leila stood by Gerard, who had fainted.

"Are you coming back to your senses? Wait a minute! I'll get the doctor!"

Leila blurted out all she had to say and disappeared.

"Phew..."

Every time he breathed, it felt like someone was beating his stomach. It was painful. Gerard raised his heavy arms and touched his stomach, which felt like there was a lump of iron resting on it. He felt a soft cloth and rough textured bandage on it.

Leila, who had just left, patched his wound. If so, it was typical for him to be happy upon seeing her face as soon as he opened his eyes. However, strangely enough, he wasn't all that happy.

On the contrary, a mysterious face kept popping up in his head. Her eyes twisted in sorrow. Her lips calling his name. With her soft brown hair, Chloe Roem.

'Is she supposed to be this memorable?'

Gerard shook his head to erase the afterimage. Perhaps, he remembered her because that was the last thing he saw before he fainted.