Chapter Eighty Two: The Past Or The Future (11)

["If it's over only for you... Is it really over?"

Gerard's expression crumbled.

"Are you trying to abandon me again? You didn't give me a reason, and you're doing it again..."

Gerard's eyes were bloodshot red. He had only been with Chloe Roem for about two years, so why did he have to suffer continuously for six?

"..."

Chloe couldn't say anything. She realized she was selfish. She couldn't deny having hurt him because she had no memories of him by now.

However, it couldn't be avoided at that time. She couldn't explain or convince him about things that happened to her.

"I think I'm going to die at this rate."

She could tell him why this time. If she wanted to make him comfortable, telling him would be enough.

"I found a letter from Leila asking you to marry me. I thought everyone would look at me and say that I was a replacement for Leila, but when I found that even you thought of me that way... it became unbearable for me."

Chloe brought up the old past. That was not the reason she left him. However, she thought it'd be enough.

"No, Chloe. I don't mean..."

Gerard was taken aback by the unexpected statement. He took a step forward while making up an excuse.

However, Chloe also took a step back in return. Gerard could only stare at her helplessly.

"My Lady..."

"I'm sorry. At that time, I felt like I'd keep living like that."

Chloe apologized. However, it sounded more like a refusal than an apology.

"However, I... I don't want to go back. So, can you just pretend you never met me here? I'll beg if I must."

When Chloe pleaded, Gerard seemed to lose his strength. He already sensed that she had no desire to be in a relationship with him.

What should he do?

Should he take that repugnant Moore as a hostage and threaten her with his life ? Or should he take the child away to make sure she wouldn't leave his side?

Should he lock her up in the Blanchett's estate and tell her to wait for him in her room? He could cry and beg, but she wouldn't even bat an eye at him.

Gerard felt a strange obsession creep up within him.

"...You think I'm going to let go?"

Those bloodshot red eyes were staring straight at Chloe. A single tear trickled down his cheek. She couldn't see it properly because his hand covered his face right away.