Chapter Seventy Five: The Past Or The Future (4)

Chloe in the book was preparing herself to leave Gerard slowly.

["Baron Diaz? Where do they live?"

Chloe asked the leader of the Dark Guild. When she looked at the document that the guild leader had been compiling, she pointed to one of the family's names.

"They live on the east coast."

It wasn't bad.

In order for Catherine to live well, she had to go to the eastern continent. If so, she thought settling in the eastern coastal area close to her sister would be better.

"May I know the reason they're selling the title?"

"It seems that Baron Diaz's father has plenty of gambling debt. The baron can't afford to pay the debt, so is selling the family's title to pay the debt instead."

The guild leader explained in more detail.

"Is there any possibility that there would be a lineage issue later on?"

"No. The baron and his children have offered to write a memorandum renouncing succession, the baroness has no siblings either, so you don't have to worry about such things."

"Then, please keep an eye on Baron Diaz. Just in case, keep looking into other families on the condition that they can survive until next year."

"Yes, ma'am. I'll look for more families that meet the conditions you requested."

The Dark Guild leader bowed to Chloe, whose face was covered elegantly.]

Chloe was looking for a title she could give to Abel and a place to live without Gerard by their side. Not just that, she also attempted to raise some additional funds by selling off some of her personal items.

"Chloe..."

And Gerard had to swallow his sobs as he watched.

He knew how much she was hurting inside, but he couldn't hold onto her and tell her not to go even if he wanted to.

***

Rustle, rustle.

The page turned again.

[It was finally Owen's coronation day. The rebel attack was inevitable, and Gerard was stabbed in the stomach again in the process of rescuing Leila.

"Cough!"

Chloe turned her head towards the scene. She never wanted her to watch such a scene twice in her life. Why did they have to repeat this painful past?

"Oh, Sir Blanchett, what should we do?!"

However, she naturally turned towards the direction of the scream.

She watched Gerard's body lose its balance. The sight of his pale face reminded her of when she saw him the moment before returning to the past, and she couldn't stay still.

"Gerard...!"

Chloe ran to him in an instant, just as she did in the past.

'Don't die! I won't let you go if you leave me this time!'

Memories of the past made her move despite knowing the fact that he wouldn't die. She hated him so much that she wanted him to die, but her mind was opposed to the idea.]
***

"I don't know why the fever won't go away."

Chloe asked Gerard's attending physician.

"Hmm. I've given him medicine for now, so hopefully it will lower his body's temperature by tonight."