Chapter: Five

"Mother, my back hurts. When are we going to arrive?"

After traveling by carriage for 9 days and 8 nights, Abel began to whine.

It was fortunate that they started from the Capital. If they had departed from the Blanchett estate, they would have had to travel another full day.

"Little knight, does your back hurt? Would you like to sit on your mother's lap?"

Abel, who was struggling between his dignity as a knight and the pain in his back, fell into his mother's arms.

At that time, Aiden Hume, the Blanchett Knight Commander, knocked on the window of the carriage.

Abel, who was taking swordsmanship lessons from Aiden, was surprised and hurried out of his mother's lap. Chloe had to swallow her laughter because his behavior was funny and cute.

"Yes, Sir Hume. What's going on?"

Chloe opened the window, unable to suppress the laughter in her voice. Abel was the only thing that could make her laugh, even in this situation.

"It looks like we will be arriving at Anata Castle soon. You've worked hard to move this quickly, Madame."

"No. The hard work was not done by me, but by the knights who adapted to my sudden change in schedule."

Chloe said, looking out the window at the knights surrounding the carriage.

All the main figures in the Blanchett Knight Templar seemed to have followed them. She told her husband that it was too much, but he acted like he wouldn't let her go if she didn't allow him to do this.

"Please give my thanks to them. Thanks to you, we arrived safely."

"It is our joy to protect our Lady and the young master. We will escort you safely until the end."

Sir Hume answered faithfully. Listening to the warm gratitude of Chloe reminded him of the voice of his master, who had scared him before they set off.

"Protect them with your life."

★★★
"Chloe!"

As soon as they got off the carriage, someone hugged Chloe from behind.

"...Leila?"

"How long has it been, really? It's already been a year and a half since the end of the year ball, and that was almost two years ago."

The person who greeted Chloe frantically was none other than the culprit of the incident, Leila. Chloe hated Leila, but she was also happy to see her friend after such a long time.

'Leila didn't mean it with a bad heart... maybe.'

Maybe it was because she knew how much Leila liked her, but Chloe kept thinking about it.

"Well, it's been a while. But is it okay for you to run around like this? How's your body?"

Chloe asked as she examined her body. The reason they hadn't seen each other for almost a year was because of Leila's third pregnancy. Leila gave birth to her youngest daughter earlier that year.

"I'm perfectly fine! I can even participate in the upcoming hunting contest!"

Leila, who was unchangingly energetic, was already the mother of three children. Time seemed to pass by so quickly.

"Of course not."

A low, solemn voice intervened. It was Leila's husband, Frederick de Anata.

Chloe greeted Frederick, who was partially obscured by her friend.