Chapter Thirty 4 : The Despairing Side Of The Fight Between Married Couple (7)

Frederick de Anata played the most significant role in his enlightenment. A human being who had been in the North all his life finally visited the Empire's Capital because of his succession.

When Frederick made his way into the Capital, high society turned upside down once more.

"Who do you like? Sir Blanchett or Archduke Anata?"

"It's too difficult to choose between them! I like both of them."

"No, but still! If you were to choose one, who fits your ideal type?"

"Um... then, the Archduke! I know he's a dangerous man, but I'm somehow attracted to him. This feeling is similar to liking raw and unrefined food! Oh, and he always puts on a flat expression, but sometimes his face can look relaxed! Which is really... Huff, I just can't describe it. You have to see it for yourself!"

It was no wonder that Frederick was perfect in all aspects, including appearance, status, bloodline, and talent. Even his arrogant and cold bearing wasn't considered a flaw. Rather, his bearing combined with his outstanding appearance created an awe-inspiring atmosphere.

"We will never fight over a man."

"Why? Do you like the young Marquis more?"

"Of course, my choice will never change! You know, I feel purified seeing Lord Blanchett's smile. And did you see the Lord when he fought? When he grabbed his sword, his eyes turned sharp. It really drives me crazy!"

"Of course I saw! His face is the sweetest in the world, but his body screams roughness!"

"You shouldn't say that!"

Gerard and Frederick certainly had different appearances. If Gerard was the prince in a fairy tale, Frederick was the ruler of a rough land in the North. Therefore, there was a time when the young ladies of the Hernia Empire were divided into two groups that supported Gerard and Frederick.

"Why are you just standing there? Who do you like better between the two?"

"Me?"

"Yes! Who do you prefer more?"

"I... actually prefer His Highness the Crown Prince Owen!"

Of course there were exceptions.

"Isn't His Highness very pleasant? He's so humorous that I keep laughing when I'm with him. Plus, I love the fact that he's nice to everyone, and always has a boyish smile on his face. However, he's filled with so much dignity once he takes care of state affairs! That's really cool!"

"Oh!"

When the young Lady brought up Owen, the women around her gasped in surprise.

"Hey! Are you for real?"

"Huh? I'm serious."

The young Lady who was questioned looked around in confusion.

"She must not know. She didn't know."

"You didn't speak about this anywhere else, did you?"

However, her friends only spoke with serious expressions. She couldn't quite understand why.

"What? Is there anything wrong with it?"

"Did or did not? Just answer."

"...I didn't."

"Phew, that's a relief. Don't you ever speak of that anywhere else."

"No, but why?"

The young Lady who brought up Owen was resentful. They didn't say anything whilst letting her walk on eggshells for no solid reason.