Chapter Sixty Five: The Uninvited Guest Who Ruined The Peace (1)

"So, why did you go up to the North?"

Karina immediately asked what she was most curious about.

"..."

Chloe bought herself some time by lifting her teacup. She avoided meeting Karina because she knew this would come up in their conversation.

"It just happened."

"Was there any problem between... you and your husband?"

Chloe shrugged it off, but Karina, being quick-witted, asked again. Chloe was unsettled by her sister's questions.

'Should I explain the problem? Or should I not say anything?'

On the surface, they had no problem as husband and wife. However, unresolved problems were lying beneath the surface.

Chloe was agitated by the problems that weren't disclosed. However, if she said anything, she was afraid that this peace would be ruined.

"Did you two have a fight? About what?"

When Chloe's silence went on for a while, Karina roughly guessed the situation.

She thought about the reason her sister went up to the North. Chloe, who only knew her husband properly, probably didn't go to see her former fiancée, as the rumors said. Then, what remained was...

"Is it because of Leila de Anata?"

Karina immediately identified the cause of his sister's visit to the North. Her eyes became sharp when Chloe was quiet for a moment.

"What? What happened?"

"It's nothing. I just needed to check things from the past..."

Chloe made up an excuse. She couldn't bring up the letter since her sister wasn't fond of Gerard.

"A long time ago? 9 years ago?"

Chloe didn't reply. However, Karina roughly understood the answer in the silence.

"Ha! I knew it."

Her brother-in-law's past was a stumbling block. Karina knew this problem would arise one day.

"What did I say to you before you got married? I said there would be trouble, didn't I?"

Karina raised one of her hands to her temple in frustration. She began to speak in an increasingly louder voice.

"You've seen, heard, and even interfered with someone whom your husband liked, did you really think that wouldn't be a problem?"