Chapter Fifty three: The Beginning Of Their Feelings (4)

Gerard Blanchett's punishment had been confirmed. He became the commander of the western frontier and would be sent to confront the Tzuwa people.

And on the day his disciplinary action was decided, the Blanchett estate was turned upside down.

"You... What the hell happened?!"

Marquis Blanchett couldn't hold back his anger. His body was trembling all over.

"Do you have any idea?! The man who has to protect the Emperor left his position to protect Leila Stein?!"

"..."

Gerard just dropped his head and silently accepted his father's anger. Though he had completely different thoughts in his head.

'How long are we going to do this? I have to go out now to make sure I won't be late for our appointment.'

Gerard was going to meet Chloe in the afternoon. Having been summoned while getting ready to go out, he was anxious about being late for their appointment.

"You're always bringing disgrace to our family! I-I was humiliated by the Duke of Norbert in the Council meeting...!"

Daniel Blanchett gritted his teeth, seething in anger.

"Don't you know how much the Norbert family is trying to bring down Blanchett?"

"...I know."

"He-he... is he someone you know? You know him?!"

Daniel couldn't control his anger and threw the fountain pen in his hand. The pen broke and ink splattered all over the place.

"..."

Gerard looked down at the ink stains on his white shirt. He thought Chloe would like to see him in white, so he was going to wear it. He thought about changing his clothes before he went out.

"What are you going to do?"

"I apologize."

A not-so-earnest apology came out of Gerard's mouth. He had no regrets about his actions, but the apology came out reflexively.

"You want me to hear your apology now?! The prestige of the Blanchett family has been dragged down! What are you going to do about it?"

The fact that his prestige fell seemed to bother him greatly.

But all his prestige was created by Gerard. In the end, he couldn't give up the title of the father who succeeded in his child's upbringing.

"...Go and slit the head of the enemy general."

He was a father who gave ruthless orders instead of warm words to his son, who was going to war.