Chapter: Eight

Marquis Blanchett's house became a ruckus when its owner, who had been coming home at a late hour for the last week, returned home early. Subordinates always suffered from the temperaments of their masters.

"Did you take care of the bath water?"

"Yes, Albert."

Albert, the butler of Marquis Blanchett's household, was checking to see if everything was ready once again before welcoming his master.

"Zenya, how is dinner preparation going?"

"I think it'll be ready in time."

"Well, alright."

Albert sighed with a more relaxed expression upon hearing from Zenya, a kitchen attendant. He had taken care of all the urgent matters for now.

Clank, clank, clank.

"The carriage has passed the main gate!"

A servant, who was waiting for the carriage in front of the mansion, rang the bell at the front door and shouted loudly.

Hearing that, the servants gathered at the front door and lined up on both sides. Albert walked through the center and checked the servants' attire.

"Hans, your necktie is undone. Tie it again."

"Emily, your hair is falling down. Redo it."

Hans and Emily redressed according to Albert's instructions.

The satisfied looking Albert finally stood at the front of the lined-up servants.

The owner of the Blanchett Mansion, Gerard, got out of his carriage and entered the residence with an exhausted expression.

"Welcome back, My Lord."

The servants greeted Gerard politely.

"Yes, you've worked hard."

Gerard found Albert after his short greeting.

"Has there been any contact from my wife yet?"

"No."

The old butler felt sorry for no reason upon seeing his master running his hand across his face as if disappointed.

More than ten days had passed since the Marchioness left the residence. He thought she'd contact him through a bird when she arrived at Anata Castle. However, he didn't receive anything from her.

'...She must be busy.'

Gerard was unknowingly disheartened. Receiving a report from Aiden was different because he was the Knight Commander of Blanchett Order, who was sent as an escort for her.

He wished to hear from his wife. He would be m disappointed if he was the only one who longed for his wife and son.

'Yeah, she probably just arrived, no wonder she's not even thinking about it.'

Gerard tried to understand, but... It was upsetting. He thought it wasn't worth rushing home because he wanted to hear from her.

He seemed perfectly fine on the outside, but Albert, who had been by his side since he was young, knew that his master was highly disappointed.

"We've prepared warm bath water. Your meal will be ready after you bathe."

"Yes, thank you."

Albert, who felt sorry for Gerard, tried to comfort his master. He followed Gerard to the bathroom and explained.