Chapter Twenty: The Fantasia Of Love And Jealousy (4)

It wasn't until after lunch that day when Chloe came out of her unconsciousness. Her shivering body thoroughly hurt.

"Ugh."

She turned her head and searched for Abel. Yesterday was a huge shock, but he must have been very shocked that she couldn't get up today.

There was a blond-haired person lying on the left side of Chloe's misty vision. He was sleeping with only his head resting on the bed, which seemed quite uncomfortable. She reached out and stroked his fine hair affectionately.

"Abel, why are you sleeping in such an uncomfortable position?"

She spoke as if nothing had happened. It was best not to let the child get anxious until her husband came. The child tossed and turned as if he was awoken by his mother's voice.

"Huh...?"

But the hand that swept his bangs back was not those of a child. The long fingers, blue veins, and calluses here and there were the hands of a grown man.

The eyes that met hers were definitely green. Chloe was speechless at the sight of green eyes that captured her heart. It was her favorite color.

It was her husband.

"My Lady, are you feeling better now?"

Gerard asked, making eye contact with Chloe. Chloe scanned her husband's face as he approached. It was her husband, giving her such a soft and affectionate look.

But then... Did she just stroke her husband's hair?

She stuttered without being able to muster up a response. Gerard hurriedly lifted his hand and put it on Chloe's forehead.

"Phew."

Chloe's fever had reduced significantly from dawn. Gerard sighed softly. The medicine he fed his sleeping wife must have worked.

Judging by her response, it was clear that she didn't remember what happened that morning. Gerard was inwardly relieved. He didn't have the courage to ask again if she really hated him... It was better this way.

"Oh? When did you arrive? Was I asleep all day?"

Chloe was confused when her husband, whom she thought would arrive in the evening, sat in front of her. Did she sleep for that long?

"No, my Lady. I came a bit early because I heard you were in trouble."

"Early? When?"

Even if he had just arrived, it still meant that he came earlier than expected. However, if he came even earlier, she wondered what time he arrived. Chloe frowned.

"I arrived at dawn this morning."

Chloe was puzzled by her husband, who spoke as if it wasn't a big deal. Arriving at dawn that morning meant he had been riding all night long.

'Does he know how dangerous it is to ride at night?! On top of that, the terrain in the North is rough. This man is really...'

"Oh, no, don't you know how dangerous it is to ride a horse at night?"

"..."

"What if you got hurt? You really..."

"Can you let it slide this time, my Lady? I came as carefully as I could."

Gerard smiled innocently even under Chloe's glare. Actually, he couldn't help but smile. When he heard the news yesterday, he felt like his world was collapsing.

However, when he saw his nagging wife, it felt as if they had returned to their usual routine.

"...Don't do that again, I mean it."