Chapter Fifty Two: The Beginning Of Their Feelings (3)

However, it wasn't a lie that the Roem Family couldn't receive guests.

Chloe, who returned home after taking a walk, was puzzled by the chaotic atmosphere. She grabbed a passing employee and asked.

"Emily, what's going on?"

"Oh, young Lady. about that..."

Emily, a maid working in the Roem Residence, was contemplating whether to speak or not because she didn't know if she had the right to talk about it.

"It's all right. You can speak comfortably."

"I... The Lord and Lady are enraged. They had a fight with Lady Catherine."

"With Catherine?"

"Yes."

"Okay, thanks for letting me know."

Chloe thanked Emily and let her go, however, she was still puzzled.

'Why is there arguing between Catherine and our parents?'

Catherine was the pride of the Roem Family regardless of what anyone said. The Roem Family wasn't very rich when Chloe was young because of her father, who unreasonably expanded his business. It was Catherine's paintings that allowed the Roem Family to come this far.

Count Roem trusted and relied on Catherine the most among his three daughters. Not only was Catherine good at painting, but she was also smart and sensible enough to hold the top spot in the academy.

In fact, not only the Count but the rest of the Roem Family also relied on Catherine. Especially Chloe.

She usually followed Catherine recklessly, though they were not on good terms currently. Catherine was Chloe's favorite.

In any case, Catherine and Count Roem rarely bumped into each other. The Count had an indefinite trust for Catherine in whatever decision she made.

Chloe became lost in thought as she climbed the central staircase.

"Sister, are you out of your mind? Do you think it's over after you say it?"

She heard Karina's sharp, scolding voice. She was picking on Catherine, who was about to descend the central staircase.

"That's enough, Karina."

Catherine cut Karina off in a firm tone.

"No amount of persuasion will change my mind."

"How can you only think about yourself, sister? Don't you think about family? About our family?"

"...Yes, I'm just going to think about myself now."