Chapter Forty Five: Our Prologue (6)

"But why does your expression look so terrible?"

"I'm a bit worn-out, so I'm going to take my leave."

Chloe pulled the corners of her mouth up and controlled her expression.

"Alright."

Gerard Blanchett seemed to be lost in thought for a moment and came up with an unexpected offer.

"Let's go together."

"No, I'm fine to go on my own."

Chloe refused immediately.

However, Gerard approached her and whispered in her ear.

"We have something to talk about as friends."

As friends? She wondered what could be discussed between Sir Blanchett and her. Chloe was confused about their relationship.

Then Gerard stepped back again, bowed and held out his hand.

"Would you please give me the opportunity to escort you, young Lady?"

The attention of the people gathered in the exhibition hall was drawn to them. What was with him?

"Alright, we should go."

Chloe took Gerard's hand in a hurry, biting her lip out of anxiety.

Then, Gerard straightened his body and smiled seamlessly. It was a presumptuous smile as though he knew this would happen.

Chloe left the exhibition hall, escorted by Gerard. Gerard initially came to the exhibition hall to meet Chloe Roem, so he was perfectly satisfied that this happened.

Gerard and Chloe's carriage set off slowly. Chloe, who was quietly staring out the window, spoke up out of reflex.

"I want to walk around for a bit."

She didn't want to go home right away, probably because she was upset.

"I know a nearby place where we can take a walk. Why don't we go there?"

Gerard suggested softly. Something must have happened to Chloe.

"Yes, sure."

The carriage, which previously headed to Roem residence, changed its direction.

***

The carriage stopped on a street lined with shops. It was unexpected.

Gerard, who dismounted the carriage, extended his hand to Chloe.