Chapter Eighteen: The Fantasia Of Love And Jealousy (1)

"Krauuuung, krauuuuung......"

Whether it was a lack of practice or the size of the ring, the animal suffered a burn on its stomach.

The lion's mouth was tied shut, but it roared loud enough that everyone could hear it. The sound of its cry was painful enough that it made people frown.

"Whoa, whoa, Rai, calm down... Ugh!"

The trainer tried to calm down the lion but flew away after being hit by the it's front paw.

"AGHHH!"

She heard a scream from somewhere. Other circus members rushed out immediately and tried to shoot an anesthetic arrow into the lion.

Abel's little body trembled. Chloe shielded his eyes from the horrible sight.

"UAHHHH!"

"...Mother."

Abel's trembling voice struck her ears louder than Noah's wail. Her heart was terrified to be in a situation she had never encountered before, but comforting Abel was her first priority.

"Shh... It's all right, Abel."

"...Is the trainer man dead?"

Chloe was only looking at the top of her son's head because she didn't want to watch the horrible scene. However, Abel's question naturally made her turn her eyes toward the stage.

The trainer, who was hit by the lion, still seemed to be breathing even though he was bleeding a lot.

The lion was still going crazy even after being hit by the arrows. The lion, who was staggering and unable to control itself, crashed into the high iron ladder which was installed for aerial performances.

"AHH!"

The ladder was about to hit the mother and son of the Blanchett Family.

Chloe only thought about one thing while she was distracted by Leila's scream and the ladder which was about to fall on them.

'I must protect Abel!'

Chloe held Abel tightly in her arms.

"Mother!"

It felt like such a brief moment was passing very slowly. Abel's face was screaming at her.

'Oh, my child.'

She closed her eyes tightly, preparing for the pain. Right at that moment, a blond-haired, green-eyed man hovered above her. It was someone who made her miserable and cry, but she still loved him the most. Gerard Blanchett.

'I miss you.'

In fact, she missed her husband as much as Abel missed his father. She hated him so much that she didn't even want to reply to his letters, but she missed him dearly.

'If I knew I was going to die like this, I should've at least said I love you.'

To be honest, Chloe had never told Gerard directly that she loved him. Not only did she not want to beg for his love, but she was also wary of demanding her husband to return the love she had for him.

No, no. It wasn't that... she honestly wanted him to say it first.

'I hate you. You should've said it first. Over and over again.'

Gerard was a gentleman and family-oriented type of man, but he never crossed the line between them. It felt like an unspoken statement to Chloe. As if he was asking her to keep this distance between them.