Chapter Sixty Four: People Who Live In The Past (4)

"Ugh!"

Gerard, who had fallen asleep in his office chair, woke up with a deep breath.

That dream.

That unpleasant dream, which had died down for a while, visited him again. He didn't think about it after he got back to his peaceful life with his family...

"Haa, haa..."

Gerard breathed out at the afterimage of his dreams.

"...Please, Gerard!"

In his dream, Chloe was clinging to him and sobbing. Her face, which was stained by tears, was unbearably pathetic and sorrowful. He wanted to wipe her tears but he couldn't.

"That's ridiculous."

Gerard gripped the front of his shirt roughly due to the anxiety that rose up out of nowhere.

***

However, Gerard wasn't the only one dreaming.

A few weeks ago, in the Eastern Ryeo Empire.

There was a woman covered in a silk blanket who woke up in surprise at her dream. When she sat up on the bed, her husband also got up.

"What's the matter Rin? Are you not feeling well?"

The man woke up and was concerned about his wife in a subdued voice. He checked Rin's expression carefully,

"Oh, it's not that."

Rin said. It was Catherine, who appeared noticeably thinner than she was in the past. Catherine recalled the story she heard from her youngest sister a long time ago.

–Sister, I have to read a book in my dream even when I don't want to.

Nine years ago, Chloe used to talk to her oldest sister about a book that appeared in her dreams. At that time, Catherine was the only one who listened to Chloe. Other members of the family often dismissed Chloe's story as a stupid imagination.

–And the future happens as it says in the book. Even when I try to change it, I can't.

-Really? It's mesmerising that it really happens in the future.

The conversation Catherine had with her youngest sister a long time ago came up to her head. Her sister's words, which she listened to with vague doubt, were clearly remembered as if they were divine revelation.

"I didn't think it was possible, but... that's the dream."

Catherine had been dreaming gruesomely vivid dreams for months now. Even after waking up, it was difficult for her to distinguish between dream and reality for a long time.

There were just bits of scenes that came to her mind as if thick fog had formed in between her mind.

'I could read the book the day I met Leila.'

And Catherine finally read the entire book in her dreams, just as Chloe did nine years ago.

'However, everything vanished from memory as soon as I woke up.'

It was really as she said. The dream started with reading a book, and it vanished the moment she woke up. Catherine tried to hold the erratic dream, but it all vanished, leaving only one heady scene in her mind.

The corpse of someone who wasn't intact. She didn't remember exactly, but if her memory was correct, it was Gerard Blanchett.

Chloe sobbed breathlessly in front of her. Catherine trembled slightly as her sister's despair and sorrow seemed to affect her as well.