Chapter Twenty9: The Despairing Side Of The Fight Between Married Couple (2)

"Why! Why did you tell him that you want a daughter?"

Gerard felt like he had been hit in the head with a hammer by Chloe's sharp scream. At the same time, he immediately realized how things were.

"Oh..."

He rubbed his face with his big hand.

"Why would he want to be a daughter?"

"About that, sigh..."

Gerard had given up making excuses. He felt emotional after imagining how upset his son must have been.

He didn't want Abel to go through the same thing as him. He was confident that he was different from his parents, but reflecting on his actions, he was not much different from them. In the end, the relationship between parent and child was beyond depth. It was hopeless.

"I know you don't love me! But why Abel? Why do you make Abel feel like he is not loved? Why the h*ll did you say that? He's your son!"

"!"

Gerard couldn't understand what his wife was saying. He didn't love his wife? And he didn't love Abel?

"Or... Is Leila's child prettier than ours? Is that how you feel?"

"What are you talking about?!"

Gerard snapped at Chloe's endless criticism.

She flinched. Chloe trembled at her husband's loud voice.

Gerard felt like he had been thrown into a gutter. He had no intention of threatening his wife. His face hardened.

How did they end up in this situation? He felt dizzy because he couldn't figure out the answer. Looking at his wife who was a mess and only cursed at him made him feel like he was falling off an endless cliff.

'Oh, I... ruined everything again.'

The head of the Blanchett family, who valued his family above everything else, felt like everything was falling apart. He felt like he was losing his mind. He felt like revealing all of his emotional thoughts to Chloe.

He had to get away. He didn't want to show his nasty side to his wife, ever. He always wanted to be a sweet and ideal husband for her. No, he had to be!

"My Lady... later, let's talk about it later."

"?"

Chloe looked at her husband with a tearful face and runny nose. What was this man saying?

"Please calm down. I'll send for Jane."

"...Now what are you talking about? Who wants to talk about it later?"

"I don't think it's a good idea to talk about it when our emotions are at their peak. Let's talk about it later. We need to not see each other for some time."

Not seeing each other? Gerard was referring to himself. However, to Chloe, it sounded like he was blaming her.

'Does he mean that he doesn't want to see me anymore because I'm yelling angrily at him? Is that right?'

Gerard took a handkerchief from his breast pocket and wiped Chloe's tears as she whispered to herself. It was affectionate, but she couldn't feel the touch without a sense of obligation in it.

Then, he put the handkerchief in Chloe's hand and got up to head to the door.

"Don't go..."

Chloe tried to hold him back with a trembling voice.