Chapter Forty Six: Our Prologue (7)

"I'm finally done with the painting."

Chloe said, putting down her brush.

The yellow pigment Gerard gave her was bright and transparent. It was such a beautiful color. She wondered why she never knew that yellow was so beautiful.

"But, if I draw this..."

Chloe rubbed her wrist slowly and looked at the canvas. The blond-haired male she painted overshadowed the shining sun behind him.

"What do I do?"

It was just a painting of Gerard Blanchett, but looking at it made her heart flutter. She couldn't believe she felt this way just by thinking about someone. She was surprised and amazed by this feeling, which she experienced for the first time in her life.

However, she had to end this here. She knew better than anyone else that Sir Blanchett only had Leila in his heart. She didn't want to be hurt by a hopeless crush.

However, she couldn't control her mind.

Young Lady Roem, please take a seat over here.

She just couldn't control her excitement with each of his gestures and smiles.

Her heart swelled like fermented bread.

'I can clean it up before it gets any deeper. Yes, there's no problem if I get away now.'

Chloe comforted herself while wiping the paint off her hands with a cloth.

However, the yellow paint had already stained her hands.

***

"Oh, you are very beautiful, my Lady!"

Sarah, the nanny of the Roem family, exclaimed after fastening a necklace around Chloe's neck.

"Really?"

Chloe looked back at Sarah and asked. A sapphire necklace gifted by Count Roem was sparkling brightly on her white neck.

"Of course!"

Sarah replied, nodding fiercely. She didn't stop there and whispered in Chloe's ear.

"I think you'll be prettier today than Her Imperial Highness. What can we do?"

"What?"

Sarah, who took a step back, winked. The sight couldn't help but throw Chloe in a burst of laughter.

"The only person who thinks so is you, nanny. And you know you can't say that anywhere else, don't you?"

Chloe knew very well that her nanny's exclamations were simply based on the affection the woman had for her. Therefore, she got even more worried. She was afraid her nanny would be charged with treason if she said anything more.

"Oh, don't worry about it. Even though my sense of humor has deteriorated since I'm getting old, I'm very sensible."

"Even so. I'm worried about you."

"I understand, I get it. This nanny will do as you say, my Lady."

Sarah said, tidying Chloe's hair again. Chloe's hair, which was tied in a half bun, looked shiny.

"So, what's your relationship with the young man who is going to escort you today?"

Sarah asked the question she had been waiting to ask.

"What?"

"Sir Blanchett! He is very handsome. All of our young ladies were born with good eyes for men."

"We don't have that kind of relationship, nanny. He's just a friend."

"Is there such a thing as mere friendship between men and women?"