Chapter Eighty: The Past Or The Future (9)

["What? The painting was sold before the Salon ended?"

Chloe jumped onto her feet and asked.

Not long ago, she inadvertently captured the heir of Blanchett in his childhood on canvas. Was she subconsciously longing for a time she could never return to?

She wanted to erase it, but couldn't bring herself to do so.

After such hesitation for several days, Theodore happened to see the painting when visiting Chloe's house. His eyes were sparkling and he pleaded to be given the painting.

Eventually, Chloe presented Theodore with the painting that she couldn't bear to part with. She thought it'd be better to give it to him rather than keep it for herself.

However, she was ashamed.

Salon exhibition? The painting wasn't supposed to be showcased to the public.

Moreover, the paintings in the Salon couldn't be taken down until the end of the exhibition.

Chloe dropped her head at the thought of the difficult situation.

"You tend to keep your paintings away from the public, my Lady. That one was too good to be left in your studio."

Theodore, on the other hand, seemed very satisfied.

"And there's already someone who wants to buy it. You've been recognized as a decent painter now, my Lady."

He released a chuckle and sipped his tea.

"...What? My painting?"

Surprised, Chloe asked.

"Yes, you can also determine the price."

The buyer must be rich. Theodore tapped his hands against the arm of the chair and chuckled heartily. He looked rather excited.

"So, how much do you want to sell it for, Claudia?"

Theodore asked with a sparkle in his eyes.

"..."

Money. The more money she got, the better. If she thought about Abel's future, it was better to earn a lot of money.

"No, I won't sell it."

However, it was not a painting that could be sold.

"Why?"

"That's a painting that can't be sold."

"No, Claudia. Think about it properly..."

"No, Sir. I won't change my mind."

Chloe shook her head at Theodore, who was attempting to persuade her.